Thread: Tatty Lincoln Jeffries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tatty Lincoln Jeffries

Hello all I've spent even more money I don't have on a Lincoln Jeffries bought (apart from photos) unseen at auction . It's been possibly stripped and certainly overpainted now flaking off. As I'm unsure of exactly which model I cannot ask for a valuation but I do want to ask whether it would be a good candidate for refinishing depending on how much rebluing costs. I would like to refinish the stock myself having done what appears to me to be a good job on my Mk1 Airsporter.

I imagine none get re blued due to dropping value but this poor girl is not looking her best right now. I paid £113 including fees it comes with a vintage spotting scope, and due to my poor IT skills can't include a photo

Hi there.

Just looking at the picture of it at the auction site.

I think you did ok with your purchase price.

I am guessing it will be around the £100 mark to have it re-blued properly by someone like Paul Chell.

I would be tempted to remove the paint and take it back to the metal and leave it like that......

I have started to do one like this and it looks really good.

Have you got the serial number for it to determine its place on the BSA timeline

I say I'm looking at it.......

Is it this one?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...0f4#lotDetails

edbear2 Guest
    That's a 1920's /30's BSA standard actually to be a pedant, but often folks call any era Prewar (both wars) BSA's "Lincolns" whice actually is a nice touch to the inventor I suppose.

ATB, Ed

Is it this one?

Yes Er Erm Er have I overpaid. No serial number yet I hope to pick it up on Friday
    Last edited by Dornfelderliebe; 16-11-2022 at 05:06 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post

Is it this one?

Yes Er Erm Er have I overpaid. No serial number yet I hope to pick it up on Friday
    Hi l don't think so with the scope as well. and if it is the rifle that they say it is who it belonged to. no way of proving that. although they do show a photo with it. that might help. l would just take the paint off and leave it's history that is underneath. and just enjoy shooting it.