Thread: Remarkable: an Unused, boxed, Mint 1951 Webley Mk 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remarkable: an Unused, boxed, Mint 1951 Webley Mk 3

In case anyone is interested, I noticed in CH Weston in Brighton, yesterday, an unused, mint 1951 Webley Mk 3, still in its box. It was explained to me that it formed part of a collection and the elderly collector had never assembled it or used it. It might just as well have come directly out of the factory. The price was rather high, at £1875, but then these things must be about as rare as hen's teeth.

Anyway, there it is, should anyone here want to travel back in time some 71 years!

Rgds
    A

They're rare in that condition...but not £1875 rare...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    *Cough*... ! Ouch!!!

Still you might not see another, but boy you've got to really want it that price.

Holts have a mismatched (in terms of box) later one, minty looking, in their sale est £400-600

I paid £450 for a mid 1960s one a few years ago, so this one is a little rich for me!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

That’s $2100, crazy money for that!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    In case anyone is interested, I noticed in CH Weston in Brighton, yesterday, an unused, mint 1951 Webley Mk 3, still in its box. It was explained to me that it formed part of a collection and the elderly collector had never assembled it or used it. It might just as well have come directly out of the factory. The price was rather high, at £1875, but then these things must be about as rare as hen's teeth.

Anyway, there it is, should anyone here want to travel back in time some 71 years!

Rgds
    A

As that is my birth year, it has some appeal, the extent of which diminished rapidly when I saw the price.

Steve.