Thread: anybody used Meyton electronic targets ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have zero experience with the electronic targets, i shot for years with paper targets and target changers which was absolutely fine for what the club did at the time.
    We had a mix of club shooters and we also had the local pony club using them at the weekend so low tech and idiot proof was a good thing.

Basically the club bought the Meyton targets and started to completely overhaul the range, the 50m prone range is up and running with a new concrete wall around it and covered targets, nice job BUT there is very little interest in prone rifle now and its not really being used, some members are considering trying to reconfigure some of those targets for benchrest as that is more popular now.

The air pistol targets have never been used because part of the overhaul resulted in the air pistol / rifle range being ripped out and it has been a building site for the last three or four years.

Best i could do was hassle the committee for a year to allow me to set up a temporary range in the loft but its very cramped and only two lanes with the low sloped ceiling, but better than nothing.

The guys who bought the electronic targets and started the work seem to have lost interest, the entire project has stalled and its now all down to bickering and blame.
    They are prone shooters so the air pistol range is very low (zero) priority to them.

Prices have increased and funding to finish the building work is no longer available so im not sure the original plan is viable.
    Im just trying to salvage the air pistol / air rifle side of it.
    I think paper and target changers are the best way forward for us but if there is an argument for electronics then i would like to know what the benefits are.
    Last edited by rapidboy1; 20-11-2022 at 12:38 PM.