Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
Thank you, Is the idea of electronics just to replace paper or is there any additional useful data generated ?

I call and spot my shots with a spotting scope and having that on a screen would be nice but the spotting scope is fine.
Afterwards i use the targetscan app, only started recently but thats proving to be a useful tool.

I understand that the electronics allow you to print out something afterwards, is that just a shot card or are there any stats ?
The fact that you shoot at a "black hole" rather than a "black dot" is of little importance. EST are a completely different way of doing business compared with paper. You install a sytem, not a series of individual lanes; you may choose to do that but you will lose many of the features of the system. The printouts contain a great deal of information, useful at an individual level. The software is capable of automating much of the administration associated with leagues and competitions; e.g. we give shooters a barcode for each competion they have entered. Get it scanned by the RO and off you go.

There is no need for estimating, gauging or waiting to find out your score, it's all there. It's also on a screen in the clubroom as you shoot, that increases engagement and it's the kind of access to information that the present generation expect.

For a bit more information, read Club Corner in the Spring 2022 edition of On Target.

EST are much more than something different to shoot at.

Rutty