My club purchased 20 Meyton electronic targets a few years ago, 16 for the ISSF prone rifle range and 4 for air pistol.
The ISSF prone shooting is pretty much dead so only 3 or 4 are being used, the air pistol targets have never been used, i set 2 up recently just using the pellet traps and paper targets to air pistol running again.
I was told the electronic targets are delicate and can be damaged especially by stray shots so im not sure if it's sensible to use them but at same time we have them so its a terrible waste not to use them.
We only have a couple of air pistol shooters but about a dozen decent air pistols and a dozen decent air rifles in the club safe so im trying to get the thing up and running but obviously starting out the shots will be all over the place and i don't want to damage the electronic targets.
Im just looking for feedback for anybody who uses them to see if they are worth using or best left alone.
For what little we do and until we have shooters reaching a certain level they might be more hassle than they are worth.
Might be a better idea to sell them while they are "as new" and get some money back if they are not going to be used.