Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to store or display pistols?

How to store or display pistols?

Hi,
    I am asking on the collectable area as I know that some people on here have several pistols (ahem just incase your keeping your addiction secret) and wondered how do you display or store them? I am not a pistol fan or even a decent shooter of them but this year I have acquired 3 or 4 tipping my non collection into double figures. Currently I have the blighters in a drawer which does not feel right, does anyone display them and how? Or do you store them? Again how do you do this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi,
    I am asking on the collectable area as I know that some people on here have several pistols (ahem just incase your keeping your addiction secret) and wondered how do you display or store them? I am not a pistol fan or even a decent shooter of them but this year I have acquired 3 or 4 tipping my non collection into double figures. Currently I have the blighters in a drawer which does not feel right, does anyone display them and how? Or do you store them? Again how do you do this please?
    Various displays here to help with ideas.

Zuke and Frank had/have superb displays I recall, but there are many others:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....s-mixed-makes/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Wow thanks Garvin this is going to be excellent! First random one I clicked on Georges collection.... he does indeed display them! Thanks again hopefully I will get some ideas of what to do with the pistols

Ye gods have I just seen three Westley Richards concentrics in the same display case ?!?!?
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Ye gods have I just seen three Westley Richards concentrics in the same display case ?!?!?
    Yes! I'm very envious of that collection. I actually visited the collector years ago and foolishly just photographed his BSA rifles. Doh!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

This is how I displayed my Webley Air Pistols:

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    This is how I displayed my Webley Air Pistols:
    With sliding glass doors too!

Troubled Shooter thats ideal. Something similar to your storage will be just right for the space that I have, I really am impressed with your collection as well. I started off with an old Nemesis then Guy suggested a Tempest.... I'm sure you know how this happens. Thanks for sharing the pic, I will be borrowing your idea

I like to look at online auctions and find old cases that I can restore or repurpose. I found this old walnut range case that needed some TLC and a new brass lock. Made a nice presentation case:

Found this case on the bay made for a pair of PPK’s. Hade to gut it and put one of my best Webleys in it. Casing a pistol takes it to a new level and makes for a nice presentation.

Last edited by 45flint; 21-11-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I like to look at online auction and find old cases that I can restore or repurpose. I found this old walnut range case that needed some TLC and a new brass lock. Made a nice presentation case:

Found this case on the bay made for a pair of PPK’s. Hade to gut it and put one of my best Webleys in it. Casing a pistol takes it to a new level and makes for a nice presentation.

Where did you get one of my case labels from ? I know it's one of mine from the deliberate mistake.

Oh WOW! That Walnut case is stunning! Damn - a hobby within a hobby... such a cool idea with the coins-are they the same year as the pistol? You have made the pistols even more interesting. I have seen cases before but these are probably the nicest. Even more to think about now. Thanks for sharing those, if I ever get the opportunity I will be copying what you have done, please count it as flattery.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Where did you get one of my case labels from ? I know it's one of mine from the deliberate mistake.
    You sent it to me several years ago when I posted the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Oh WOW! That Walnut case is stunning! Damn - a hobby within a hobby... such a cool idea with the coins-are they the same year as the pistol? You have made the pistols even more interesting. I have seen cases before but these are probably the nicest. Even more to think about now. Thanks for sharing those, if I ever get the opportunity I will be copying what you have done, please count it as flattery.
    Yes the coins are in the range of the year the pistol was made. Its a American Stoeger import so one British and one American coin.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Another option if you have limited wall space is to make a bespoke table-top display. Four pieces of wood for the frame, some molding, piano hinge and two sheets of glass for the top. Not too difficult to put together, and you save a fortune compared to a pre-made one, always assuming you can ever find one the right size.