Thread: Flintlock Pan Primer?

Flintlock Pan Primer?

Can't seem to find one of these anywhere!

Anyone seen one for sale recently please?

Steve.

No, I hadn't. Thank you - I've emailed.

Regards
    Steve.

Priming powder

Henry Krank at Pudsey, near Leeds has Swiss Null OB priming powder. I use this in flintlock shotguns. With the correct priming powder and a bit of lock tuning these guns can be made to shoot really well with ignition speeds only a fraction slower than percussion guns and with amazing ignition reliability. Some shotgunners also use Swiss No.1 for priming. My Pedersoli Mortimer shotgun is much faster on ignition with Swiss Null OB than with Swiss No.1. You have to try them and work out what is best for your gun.
    Hope this helps.

Yes Kranks in leed's has them £16-60. https://www.henrykrank.com/pedersoli...n-primer-1237/

If it's the little brass thingumajig you need then yes, Roaring forties would be able to help. They do the ends to fit to your own small horn etc. That's what I did. If it's powder, then Kranks for Swiss 0B. The Pedersoli pan primer they sell has a screw on end cap that can (never seen it happen) turn it into a stick of dynamite IF it ever ignites. When you shoot Flintlock in MLAGB or MLAIC Competitions you take the end cap out and replace it with a cork... just in case! I would post a photo of mine if I knew how?
    I've even seen Competition shooters with individual phials for pan powder? Now that is OTT IMHO!