Thread: Glock 17 Dual Ammo dos & donts

Glock 17 Dual Ammo dos & donts

I've just bought a dual ammo and waiting on delivery.

Any dos or donts I should be aware of before I use it? It's my first air pistol of any form since a cheapo spring BB when I was about 12, always had rifles since then.

Thanks

Do: make sure you seat the pellets properly in the magazine
    Don't: point it at your face

Expect a very heavy trigger. Mine was over 9lbs pull weight and only let off about 2mm from the final stop point. Not the most accurate pistol I've ever had, but felt comfortable in the hand.
    Air Arms HFT 500; Walther LG300 Alutec; Umarex Winchester 1873 Carbine CO2; Umarex PX4 Storm; Umarex Walther PPQ M2; Webley MK VI 0.177 CO2: SIG M17 CO2; BSA Scorpion TS; ASG Schofield 6 CO2;

The trigger on mine was incredibly heavy when new but this does loosen up after a few CO2 cartridges. It's now an accurate little plinker.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Do: make sure you seat the pellets properly in the magazine
    Don't: point it at your face
    Thanks Ade, I've been using the seating section on the mag insert/bulb holder. Have had a few issues with Suoermags jamming in CP88 mags so have bought H+N Econs instead

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer_UK View Post
    Expect a very heavy trigger. Mine was over 9lbs pull weight and only let off about 2mm from the final stop point. Not the most accurate pistol I've ever had, but felt comfortable in the hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The trigger on mine was incredibly heavy when new but this does loosen up after a few CO2 cartridges. It's now an accurate little plinker.

John
    Yes it's definitely a heavy trigger! I agree about how it feels in the hand, seems more of a natural point than the CP88. Still getting used to it before I judge accuracy as its mostly down to me at the moment

triger

mine was so heavy I took it back to the shop , thaught if I pulled any harder it would break something , guy at shop fired it off several times in quick time and told me thats how they are. good fun but no acurracy ,didnt keep it long.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    It's a mad minute.

Your adrenaline has gone through the roof.

Your side-arm has become your last line of defence.

You deploy it and use it as quickly as you can. I put it to you that accuracy may not be your priority at that moment and that a match-quality light trigger may not be your friend. CO2 pistols are used as serious training aids.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    It's a mad minute.

Your adrenaline has gone through the roof.

Your side-arm has become your last line of defence.

You deploy it and use it as quickly as you can. I put it to you that accuracy may not be your priority at that moment and that a match-quality light trigger may not be your friend. CO2 pistols are used as serious training aids.
    Very true, but they can be accurate in the right hands, sadly not mine!

https://co2-handguns.freeforums.net/...k-17-dual-ammo

If the above link doesn't work, the same picture is on the link below:

https://airgunforums.co.uk/threads/g...61/post-334426
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

my mate is waiting for one coming to