Thread: TX200 Trigger Adjustments

TX200 Trigger Adjustments

So I took down my TX200 to install a Vortek PG4 tune kit. When I removed the trigger / rear housing from the rifle, I dropped it. After reassembly I noticed that the tension on the 1st stage was gone. The trigger just flopped back and forth stopping at the 2nd stage. I took the trigger back out thinking that I'd lost a spring but the springs are both in place. I began to play around with all three of the the adjustments which got my 1st stage tension back but now there's no wall at the second stage. instead the resistance increases until the rifle fires. I can't seem to find the sweet spot where there's a definite 1st and 2nd stage with a light breaking point. Any ideas on where I should start to get my trigger adjusted properly?
    Hoping that a few of the fine folks here can make me feel stupid (not that I need help feeling stupid) and point out something that I may have missed. Thanks in advance my friends.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    you need to find out if the single stage you have is working solely on the first stage screw, or solely on the second stage screw.

Wind the second stage (rearmost) screw in a full turn and compare - if it's basically the same, but fires earlier, you know you are solely on that screw.
    put it back to where it was, and then bring in the first stage screw, progressively more, until the second stage is felt, then rrduces, then goes... then come back half a turn, job done.

If the test indicates no change, you are solely on the first stage screw... so back it out until the second stage comes in. if it doesn't and the pull just gets really long, or even never fires, then you will also need the wind the second stage in a couple of turns, and then try to find it again.

this is a start, but should get you to something useable, and then fine tune from there.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    you need to find out if the single stage you have is working solely on the first stage screw, or solely on the second stage screw.

Wind the second stage (rearmost) screw in a full turn and compare - if it's basically the same, but fires earlier, you know you are solely on that screw.
    put it back to where it was, and then bring in the first stage screw, progressively more, until the second stage is felt, then rrduces, then goes... then come back half a turn, job done.

If the test indicates no change, you are solely on the first stage screw... so back it out until the second stage comes in. if it doesn't and the pull just gets really long, or even never fires, then you will also need the wind the second stage in a couple of turns, and then try to find it again.

this is a start, but should get you to something useable, and then fine tune from there.

This Is exactly what I was hoping for. A place to start from. Thanks so much.