Thread: Casing Webley Air Pistols.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Casing Webley Air Pistols.

I only have one original cased Webley air pistol which is a pre-war Senior canvas cased example complete with the correct pellet tin and oil can. I've been searching for a post-war case but these very rarely become available unless bought with the pistol. In the meantime, I have cased my Senior and Junior in cases just to present them nicely. The Senior is now housed in a Tempest Centenary case bought separately and the Junior lives in an old cutlery case converted to take the pistol and accessories.
    I wondered if anybody else has made or adapted cases to house their air pistols.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 27-11-2022 at 12:46 PM.

those look really nice(new) in their cases.as you say a converted cutlery or cigar box suitably partitioned and lined would be a good way of displaying nice pistols like those.nothing looks quite as nice as a cased webley.

Air pistols do look good in a fitted case. I’ve scratch built a couple of wooden cases:
    I built a case for an enamel finish Premier E, not as neat as your cases but it came out reasonably well:

I also built a fitted case to house my reproduction Haviland and Gunn Parlour pistol along with some darts and a copy of the Patent:

Lots more pistols that would benefit from a fitted cases but never enough time and too many other projects!

Made some from scratch, used some from collectors fairs, even tried to copy the Webley one...

I just acquired several in wooden cases,would of preferred original boxes but still look good
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by Evostu; 27-11-2022 at 12:44 AM.

Here's a Nemesis in an adapted Tempest Centennial case. It didn't need a lot of adaption, mainly several extra pads to stop the protrusions on the Nemesis marking the interior. I was able to source some fabric a very close match to the original.

Here's a yellow nemesis in the same case; I no longer have this pistol in my collection.

Here's my engraved Senior in an adapted jewellery case, with extra barrel. Original grips fit in there too.
    I could do with a slightly larger case to take an oil can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    those look really nice(new) in their cases.as you say a converted cutlery or cigar box suitably partitioned and lined would be a good way of displaying nice pistols like those.nothing looks quite as nice as a cased Webley.
    As you say, cigar boxes make a nice home for small air pistols like this Tell 2.

I would prefer original boxes and cases, but would rather keep some pistols in reproduction cases rather than old pistol sleeves especially if they were never offered cased.

Brian