Thread: FX2000 v Hatsan Factor

FX2000 v Hatsan Factor

Just after opinions really.

Had the FX2000 for best part of 20 years, its done everything it was designed for and I have loved and looked after it. Accuracy is spot on, power always there, good in the field, or target shooting. But the other day I went to a new local gun shop and saw the Hatsan Factor. Its a tidy looking piece of kit, very tactical looking and from YouTube reviews it seems to be accurate and does everything it says. I fancy a change, maybe trade in my FX against a new Hatsan, but would like some opinions, options, other rifles to think about. I want to introduce my 11 year old into shooting so weight is a consideration, adjustable stock, etc.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.ry View Post
    Just after opinions really.

Had the FX2000 for best part of 20 years, its done everything it was designed for and I have loved and looked after it. Accuracy is spot on, power always there, good in the field, or target shooting. But the other day I went to a new local gun shop and saw the Hatsan Factor. Its a tidy looking piece of kit, very tactical looking and from YouTube reviews it seems to be accurate and does everything it says. I fancy a change, maybe trade in my FX against a new Hatsan, but would like some opinions, options, other rifles to think about. I want to introduce my 11 year old into shooting so weight is a consideration, adjustable stock, etc.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    Hello Steve,
    I don't know about the Hatsan, sorry, so no help there. However I'd imagine any gunshop wouldn't be offering you more than £150 or so trade-in for a 20 year old FX2000. I'm guessing you had it from new or near-new; as you say you know it inside out. By all means look at alternatives, but as you know the history of that gun (they're great - I have FX-made Webley FX2000, Axsor and later Spectre) I'd be inclined to also keep hold of it if you can. Yes it is not very compact, so may be a bit of a handful for an 11 year old. Though it doesn't have an adjustable stock, how about something like a Weihrauch HW30 (HW30S kit in the UK is a nice package) for your child? It's light, simple and will last them a long time, as it is small enough for kids but can still be shot easily by adults. Regrets, I've had a few...but then again selling an FX2000 hasn't been one of them.
    Good luck with the search,
    ash

Keep the FX2000.

The Hatsan Factor is toward the value end of the market. It is heavy, it is long once a moderator has been fitted. The shrouded barrel works but not enough.
    The massive 21 shot magazines work but the spring on the rotor is so strong when full the pellets can deform.
    Mine wasn't accurate until it was recrowned.

If your thinking of your lad look after the Kral np03, lower shot count but handling for a junior.

Also consider the SMK PR900. More of a standard looking rifle, lightweight, also available in a black tactical stock but not adjustable.
    Either the regulated version or the standard one. Those who know rate the standard better.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.ry View Post
    ...... I fancy a change, maybe trade in my FX against a new Hatsan, but would like some opinions, options, other rifles to think about. I want to introduce my 11 year old into shooting so weight is a consideration, adjustable stock, etc. .....
    People often sell or trade stuff they are happy with because they want something new, only to be disappointed.
    Remember that modern successful companies work specifically on their designs to make you WANT their product,
    without it necessarily beeing the better choice for you.

You need to live with and use both guns over time to make a real comparison, and to really know if you should let go of the old gun.
    Unless you cant do that, keep the old one, and try to get something suitable second hand for the 11 year old.
    Too many airguns!

Keep the FX, buy the Kral if you must. As mentioned ,you won't get much px for the FX and it's a proven gun, best kept hold of and I think you would definitely regret letting it go.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Guys,
    I really appreciate your opinions, thank you. You all make valid points. The Fx is a great rifle, from day one until now, I can't fault it. I will search the others you mentioned to see how they compare. Will update you if I decide to purchase anything.

Steve

I have just sold my second FX2000 and as it drove off the drive (so to speak) I regretted it.. Excellent rifle and although I have not tried the Factor I have shot a good few Hatsans and would definatley choose the FX2000 even if they are knocking on a bit

Thanks Clueless, I am beginning to think it is better to keep the fx too.

Absolutely; and good advice up above.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!