Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artemis p15

Arrow Artemis p15

Can I have some honest opinions on the p15,from those of you who own one

Plenty of good to day about them but I find everything too far back & feels heavy. Mine had a faulty reg' from new that was easily sorted. I prefer carbine rifles. My friend absolutely loves P15's. Would I buy another in a different cal' for example, yes. Is mine accurate & reliable, yes. Is mine easy to work on, yes. If I had money & needed another gun would I buy one, no, I prefer carbines.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I bought one earlier this year and find it a great rifle to shoot, nice and light. I have swapped the standard stock for a 3D printed one made by a guy called Bob Pattenden plus fitted a Mark Dempsey shroud which makes it quieter even though it wasn't loud to begin with. The only slightly awkward thing about them is the standard magazine as you have to turn the clear plastic on it anti clockwise and put the first pellet in backwards in the back of the magazine then you put the other pellets in the other spaces as you turn the plastic cover back. I have read there are some guys making 3D printed magazines which you can load without the need to put the first one in backwards.

Here's a video showing how the magazines are loaded.

https://youtu.be/8Bx5VGvmvUw

ive had 2 of them and would buy another one if one come up for sale on here in 22 cal

I have a p35, nearly the same as a p15 just a difference in where the cocking lever is mounted. great small /light rifle / accurate and easy to work on, im just making another stock for mine. would i buy another ,deff would.

I had two, GREAT . No problems, just thoroughly miffed with the ridiculous loading of the magazine. Best accessory was a CARM magazine, no instructions needed.
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

thats what i bought carm mags

Ive had two, both terrible.
    The last one I dived in and sorted it out a little only for it to fail elsewhere and the importer wont/doesn’t supply spares to maintain the product

Really cheap and build quality to match, and rather rough inside and along with FiX their on my never buy another list, buy something with back up is what Id advise

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

mine was not good out box but once mark dempsey sorted it it was mint

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    mine was not good out box but once mark dempsey sorted it it was mint
    Yes mine was once Id sorted it but it needed more parts a while later due to the hammer wearing the block inside and the probe pushing pellets in at an angle it lost any accuracy it had, so with zero parts available made it disposable. I did find some parts from a guy in Greece that helped out but Im sure he was breaking one up for bits, the annoying thing was Snowpeak direct were going to supply me spares but Im sure smk stopped it, a complete p15 in parts was just $85 plus shipping and vat, the block I needed was just $10

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

yes ive heard parts are hard to get hold of

I'm confused how anyone could call one "heavy". I love mine, mega accurate, great shot count and servicing is a doddle.

mine was very lite

Recently bought one new in .177 about 3 months ago. It's my first bullpup so can't really compare handling to my Hw100KS, it's a very different gun.

I like it a lot, main attraction was the light weight 2kg, I've added a pard and a butt hook but other than that it's standard. Total weight is just over 2.5kg fully dressed.

By comparison the HW100 is 3.2kg and with nite site fitted that became 5.5kg (including battery) - far to heavy for me to go trudging over boggy fields or around the golf course having had part of my shoulder removed. The P15 is amazingly light by comparison!

I'm finding it as accurate as the HW100.

The lever action is smooth using the single shot tray. However the magazine is a fiddly and annoying, being one of those spring loaded ones that has the first pellet loaded in backwards from the front then the rest from the rear. I've a similar mag on my .22 Pr900, that's even worse as it likes JSB express and the mag can distort the soft pellet skirts.

The P15 is better - possibly by being .177 and preferring more robust pellets (H&N baracuda match and QYS streamlined). There is a slight difference when chambering a single pellet against a mag fed pellet, the mag seems to give an extra bit of resistance. It has a screw on it so may come apart easily, I plan to have a look at and see if the load can be reduced.

The standard butt is rubbish, it was way too flat and made shouldering inconsistent, that seemed more pronounced to me with it being a bullpup. I cut the rubber butt off and fitted a 3d printed butt hook purchased off the bay. That's made a world of difference, well worth buying imo.

I find the trigger very good, far better than expected. The fully shrouded mod is also good, not as quiet as the weirauch but perfectly OK.

Taking the stock off it was apparent that the action wasn't sitting perfectly (Hw100 was the same) so I've added a small amount of packing that it can bed into using sone self adhesive felt furniture protection pads.

All in all its a great gun, just needs a little fettling to get the fit right. At £500 I'd definitely buy another, just a pity about the magazine, hopefully they will upgrade it. Mag does the job but during daylight I much prefer to use the single shot tray.
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 02-12-2022 at 06:53 AM.

i changed the mags on mine straight away the p15 mags were rubbish