Thread: RINK Grip Wanted to Fit Pardini K12

RINK Grip Wanted to Fit Pardini K12

I am looking for a RINK Large Right Hand Grip to fit a Pardini K12.

If anyone has one they would like to sell for a reasonable price, please contact me by PM or send me an email.

Many thanks,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I have a nice right handed Medium size Pardini grip that almost fits quite well, so I may customise that one to get a better fit until I can find a Large right handed RINK grip to replace it.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-12-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Here's a link you might like to read through

https://www.formgriffe.de/en/Pardini...#wizard-step-1

Even on the "standard" grip, Thomas Rink puts a fair amount of individuality to the finished article.

A grip produced for someone else may not fit; it would be heresy to start butchering a craftsman's work.

Both myself and Steve Wright never had to modify a Rink grip to make it fit the hand.......

Just my £2% worth of comment......

ATB

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks Mike.

I have also used RINK grips on all my match pistols over the last 35 + years and have never needed to make any serious changes to any new grip as they always seem to fit my hand and feel good.

My RINK grips have not been custom made to fit my hand - they have all been bought direct from RINK by mail order, or picked up secondhand when I see see one advertised that suites my needs at the time.

I like the slightly less than "military grip" that the RINK grips have (wrist down), and is where they can differ from most (but not all) manufacturers supplied grips.

Some new RINK grips that I have bought have needed a sharp edge smoothed slightly (usually just under the rear sight where the square edge can be left quite sharp and dig into the web of the hand at this point) but other than that they are perfect the way they come for me.

Any slight smoothing that I have done has only ever been done carefully and was usually undetectable afterwards - but feel nicer - EXCEPT one grip that was made for right handed shooting with the left eye! This one came on a s/h pistol that I bought and was miles out for me.

I spent several days re-shaping this one to fit my hand for use with my right eye and when I had eventually competed the job i was really pleased as it looked like and felt like any other standard RINK grip to myself and others that shot with it afterwards. This was done by removing the extra "swelling" that is added to turn the pistol when shooting right handed but sighting with the left eye - basically I returned it to standard shape.

Some used RINK grips that I have bought have been "improved" by the previous owner and these have also needed my attention to make them fit better for myself, but again I always try to return them to the shape that RINK intended with as few changes as possible - and then refinish them so they look smart again.

Many years ago I converted a Medium RINK grip (Morini 162ei) to a Large RNK grip with some success - but again the object was just to make it fit my hand and when finished to leave it looking like it should with fresh stippling and a fresh oil finish.

Refinishing and modifying anatomical pistol grips used to be a hobby that I enjoyed that gave me a lot of satisfaction when I achieved something that looked good and felt good........but this was never "needed" on a RINK grip that was bought as the right size rather than one that I was trying to repair or change the size.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-12-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Still hoping to find a right handed Large size RINK grip to fit my Pardini K12.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-12-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Still looking...

There are a lot of large size right handed RINK grips on Pardini K12 match pistols - I have sold a couple myself over the years (before I decided to return to shooing the K12) and so I would like to put this mention back to the top again as I am still hopeful of finding a good used example (or even a "not quite so good" used example) sometime in the future.

Large Right Handed RINK Grip to fit Pardini K12 wanted......