Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erma Lever Action Air Rifle Value?

Erma Lever Action Air Rifle Value?

I have an Erma Lever Action rifle I am considering selling it is not the Webley Ranger stamped version. What is the price difference typically between the two, please?

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I have an Erma Lever Action rifle I am considering selling it is not the Webley Ranger stamped version. What is the price difference typically between the two, please?
    I don't think it's much, Mark, if anything. After all, it's the same, wonderful, rifle. Brings out the cowboy in even the most uptight airgunner! I had one once and loved it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I don't think it's much, Mark, if anything. After all, it's the same, wonderful, rifle. Brings out the cowboy in even the most uptight airgunner! I had one once and loved it.

Thanks Danny,
    I'll get some pics up in a day or so of it in a dedicated valuation thread then, for the wanna be cowboys!

ATB.

Thinking about this rifle more, it's interesting in that it's one where the designers started with the constraint that it look like a Winchester lever-action repeater but shoots pellets. You can tell this was their intention by the dummy bullet reservoir under the barrel which on the ERMA houses a cleaning rod. Rather than copy the cheapo Daisys, they came up with a classy all-metal and wood double cocking mechanism where the spring compression comes from the up and down stroke of the lever, generating enough power to launch a pellet accurately through the rifled barrel. Basically what you'd expect from a respected gun company like ERMA-Werke.

More pics of this rifle here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/erma-werke/
    Last edited by Garvin; 02-12-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I’ve never had another rifle that duplicated the feel of a real Winchester better that these. Crazy hard find over here in the US. I just never see them. I think once in a collection they stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thinking about this rifle more, it's interesting in that it's one where the designers started with the constraint that it look like a Winchester lever-action repeater but shoots pellets. You can tell this was their intention by the dummy bullet reservoir under the barrel which on the ERMA houses a cleaning rod. Rather than copy the cheapo Daisys, they came up with a classy all-metal and wood double cocking mechanism where the spring compression comes from the up and down stroke of the piston, generating enough power to launch a pellet accurately through the rifled barrel. Basically what you'd expect from a respected gun company like ERMA-Werke.

Edit:

Pics of this rifle here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/erma-werke/

The pellet version was built on their .22 rimfire lever action rifle and very neatly done, too.

They are lovely guns - not powerful, but superbly engineered. Like others that love these guns I have both types (so standard and Webley marked), 2 Webleys and an Erma 'only'. I got them all at similar times and would have paid similar amounts for them....but I can't remember what that was. All I know was a Webley one was from Josie & John back in June 2012, so maybe John will have that listed somewhere. I've not seen many since so I guess they have a bit of rareity value, and maybe the Webley stamp may have a small premium to a Webley collector.

I bought my Webley-marked Erma about ten years ago as part of a collection from a collector who was selling up and according to my records I paid £100 for it.

At the time I wasn't sure of its real value but only a few years ago someone I know paid £200 for his so I guess I got a bargain but I am still not sure of its current worth.

Aubrey

Found John's post. I paid £450, and more recent posts on this site are around £100 more.

So to buy for £100 (or even 2) sounds like a cracking deal.

Had two but gone now. Here's a "spot the imposter" group
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/e5B3WdmUbzNnhQHZ8

Paid about £200 posted from Germany for the first. It was a bit poorly but couldn't resist it.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XV8dH2RRR2oboh7a6

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    They are lovely guns - not powerful, but superbly engineered. Like others that love these guns I have both types (so standard and Webley marked), 2 Webleys and an Erma 'only'. I got them all at similar times and would have paid similar amounts for them....but I can't remember what that was. All I know was a Webley one was from Josie & John back in June 2012, so maybe John will have that listed somewhere. I've not seen many since so I guess they have a bit of rareity value, and maybe the Webley stamp may have a small premium to a Webley collector.
    Gosh, was it that long ago?

Yes, sold for £450 back then, so I'd possibly ask £500 - £550 if selling a similar one today.

This is a very well made rifle as has already been commented. Having said that, I found it felt slightly smaller than a Winchester lever action type and the action took some effort to cock, so handling was very different to how John Wayne would have done it. For both these reasons, we parted company. The rifle was certainly accurate but I just could not get on with that cocking mechanism.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Having once owned the Erma .22 rimfire version I purchased the Webley air rifle version (I think it was confusingly marketed as the Webley Ranger) when they first came out.

It was superbly engineered and a nice little gun to look at but, like John, I found it awkward to cock and quickly sold it on.

They are now becoming very rare in both Erma and Webley versions and I would agree a good one should fetch £550.

Thank you for all the comments I will create a sales thread with pics shortly.

I've had two of the Webley Ranger versions and sold them both a few years ago, The first for £450 and I think the second for £400 as it wasn't quite so cosmetically perfect.
    I still have the Erma instruction book for one.
    I would suggest the Webley Ranger version is currently worth £500, with the standard Erma at £450. They are both difficult to find in good condition.