Thread: hw97kt

hw97kt

well ive owned a 97kt for nearly 2 years just cannot get on with it .i bought it cause one of my first guns bought was the 77k ..
    its heavy cumbersome and not a pleasure to dhoot .to be fair ive not gave it a chance really .only put 100 or so pellets through it.
    should i get rid or persevere..i dont need the money but its just sat there doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by daveyjones View Post
    well ive owned a 97kt for nearly 2 years just cannot get on with it .i bought it cause one of my first guns bought was the 77k ..
    its heavy cumbersome and not a pleasure to dhoot .to be fair ive not gave it a chance really .only put 100 or so pellets through it.
    should i get rid or persevere..i dont need the money but its just sat there doing nothing

The 97 is basically a 77 with a built in silencer and a higher cheek piece, so I can only assume that your problem lies with the gun's fit to you.

The good news is that the MK2 77 stock and newer will swap straight onto your 97 giving you the fit of your old 77.

A wanted or swap ad on here should get you sorted, personally I'd want to try a 77 stock before letting the 97 stock go, just in case it's not the stock.

All the best Mick

as mick says i had one and thought it was great

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I have a Vmach 97.

It is heavy but it is superbly accurate.

And you can plink all day with it.

Maybe it’s the stock?

I hate the thumb hole stocks on them.

Mines just a sporter stock.
    Master Debater

Bought one from here, really like it.
    The thumbhole stock does make it heavier, it is really a target gun which it what I bought it for.
    You could buy a different stock but still end up with a gun you don’t like and an extra stock and then wanting to get rid of both.
    If you don’t like it, get rid of it.
    Eric

Considering the OP has only put about 100 pellets through the rifle it's probably not even leaded in yet. Any new rifle needs at least half a tin of pellets to settle down. Is it possibly shooting badly because it's using the wrong pellets? My club mate has a 97kt that has had probably 75000 pellets through it (he keeps the empty tins!!) and he can put 5-8 pellets through a hole no bigger than the open end of a BIC pen at 25M rested at our indoor club range. Most of our members who have the 97kt love them and all are accurate, but need a while to settle down from new.
    Air Arms HFT 500; Walther LG300 Alutec; Umarex Winchester 1873 Carbine CO2; Umarex PX4 Storm; Umarex Walther PPQ M2; Webley MK VI 0.177 CO2: SIG M17 CO2; BSA Scorpion TS; ASG Schofield 6 CO2;

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer_UK View Post
    Considering the OP has only put about 100 pellets through the rifle it's probably not even leaded in yet. Any new rifle needs at least half a tin of pellets to settle down. Is it possibly shooting badly because it's using the wrong pellets? My club mate has a 97kt that has had probably 75000 pellets through it (he keeps the empty tins!!) and he can put 5-8 pellets through a hole no bigger than the open end of a BIC pen at 25M rested at our indoor club range. Most of our members who have the 97kt love them and all are accurate, but need a while to settle down from new.
    i should have mentioned it was 1 yr old when i bought it ..it hadnt been use much probably has had a tin of pellets through it ..i

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I haven't shot mine in a while might put a few pellets through it this afternoon.
    Master Debater