Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronograph

Chronograph

Recommendations for a cheap ish chronograph

Me too

Would like to get a chrono for our club as we do have some FAC airgunners and we are setting up FT shooting so want to make sure we check the power of the guns they use. We do have a fireamrs chrono but have been told that when used for firearms they can be inaccurate with air guns. So, would like advice on a good chrono that wont break the bank

Thank you

FX is the one to get. You need a chrono that works effectively. Buy cheap, buy twice.

as above fx is a good one

Lmbr

I bought an LMBR R2 for the club then it was so good I bought one for myself. Around 150 quid depending where you get it. It goes from around 50fps up to 4000 with high and low sensitivity for powder or air. I’ve run every thing from Webley Typhoon at 300fps to 223 at 3330fps and it works well with all of them.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    FX, you get what you pay for, but the convenience and features make this a great buy for most people unless your a professional tuner, in which case get a skan.

The LMBR is highly rated also - cheaper, but not as feature rich or convenient with no visible shot details like on the FX
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

The LMBR is great 👍

Again LMBR

Fx radar is doppler radar but battery powered so portable.

Doppler caused issues when the FX was first brought out and can be position fussy.

LMBR uses IR beams so less light source sensitive like a lot of vane based chronos are confused by sun, cloud, electric, fluorescent etc.

I am not sure if LMBR is battery powered but if it was me, for a club/comp rig, I would look at LMBR.

I have just bought an FX but I still have a Combro but isnt ALL GUN friendly. Fx and combro need to be gun mounted or can be position sensitive.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

https://www.****.co.uk/itm/255521518...Bk9SR7aGyLucYQ

I have one of these...... replace the four * with the name of that famous auction site

Reads in MPS, so you have to convert that to FPS and then do the maths to work out ft/lb, from comparing it to expensive chrono's it over reads by around 1/4ft/lb, but it is consistent, even if with converting MPS to FPS rounding could add a variance of 6-8fps

Works indoors and out, think I've charged it twice in the year+ that I've had it
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

If paying around £150 or upwards, Just get a Skan,

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    If paying around £150 or upwards, Just get a Skan,
    The problem with Skan is that they are big, not portable, cost well over £200 for the base model, and if you want to track your shots or make a graph with them via email for example then you have to start looking at the £375 model and get a laptop!

Performance wise they are great, practicality and affordability wise they are crap, which means they are only really suitable to be kept in a fixed location and used by a club/tuner, as there are far more appropriate Chronos out there for a fraction of the money if it's just for checking your own gun now and then
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    The problem with Skan is that they are big, not portable, cost well over £200 for the base model, and if you want to track your shots or make a graph with them via email for example then you have to start looking at the £375 model and get a laptop!

Performance wise they are great, practicality and affordability wise they are crap, which means they are only really suitable to be kept in a fixed location and used by a club/tuner, as there are far more appropriate Chronos out there for a fraction of the money if it's just for checking your own gun now and then
    Yes understand what you say but ideally a crono is to check your power in most cases, Normally you would check the power at home , At least that way if it's over you can rectify it, If someone wanted a portable one I would say look at something different, Myself at just over £200 I would not look at anything else around the £150 price range , It would not make sence unless obviously wanting to go portable for some reason, The skan normally sell around the £150 second hand so you won't loose a great lot of cash a few years later, I'm thinking of base use and your thinking of portable use, Depends what the buyer wants will be the deciding factor,

ive the combro cb625 brilliant for pcp not that good with springerd.
    and i have the fx but not being a tech fobe can be hard for me to understand using it with phone

Another vote for the LMBR, i've had mine a year and works every time, in every type of lighting condition.

Used by the UKAHFT too.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us