Thread: Recommendation for peep sight for modern LGV!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recommendation for peep sight for modern LGV!

Being something of an open-sight shooter, I am thinking of fitting a peep sight on a 2019 LGV. I already have a Gamo fitted on an Omega, which I find better than standard open sights both for targets and vermin. Indeed, it is also easier to estimate elevation with peep sights, with regard to holdover.

I am just wondering what readers, here, might recommend? I am aware that some precision peep sights from Walther and such like are at eye-watering prices and therefore not suitable.

The peep sights would have to fit along the LGV scope rail.

Rgds
    A

Do not Air Arms produce (or market) a peep sight that fits a scope rail? If I remember correctly it is quite a reasonable price... might be worth a google?

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Do not Air Arms produce (or market) a peep sight that fits a scope rail? If I remember correctly it is quite a reasonable price... might be worth a google?

Cheers, Phil

Thanks Phil. I have just checked their site and they appear to have discontinued this item, alas. Probably, most people are on telescopic sights these days, so there might not have been sufficient demand.

Best
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Thanks Phil. I have just checked their site and they appear to have discontinued this item, alas. Probably, most people are on telescopic sights these days, so there might not have been sufficient demand.

Best
    A

Try Gamo, I’ve been told it is the same as the Air Arms. I use a Williams peep sight on my HW30S.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Try Gamo, I’ve been told it is the same as the Air Arms. I use a Williams peep sight on my HW30S.
    Thanks Zephyr. As I understand it, with the Williams peep sight, one has to make sure they fit the scope rails. Did you buy yours directly from the USA?
    Rgds
    A

Without the the ‘pin camera’ focusing effect of a peep/diopter sight, normal blade type open sights don’t work for me due to long-sightedness.

I tried various diopter sights like the Air Arms, (aside not liking the aesthetics) they look vulnerable to being knocked. I bought the Williams peep sight from brownells.co.uk I chose a very low profile version to which I attached a small extension to get the elevation to a point where the sight’s own adjustment becomes effective. I had no problem with it fitting to the HW30S dovetail, but there many versions of the Williams (my memory could be wrong, but I think it was a WGRS-54).

Edit - Aha! https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=187291.0 my memory looks to be correct
    Last edited by zephyr; 04-12-2022 at 07:45 AM.