If you are thinking of buying a model 27 you will not be disappointed - they are really lovely guns and an absolute joy to shoot. I bought one about fifteen years ago from Protek date-stamped 1958.

Over twenty yeas ago I was sold an (earlier) mod 27 which, having just seen this thread, I dug out but now cannot see a model number on it so am not sure if it is actually a 27. It is identical in appearance to the top one in Driskill,s pic although not in such nice condition - all the metal work being slightly pitted, but stamped on the barrel just in front of the rear sight and clearly visible is "DIANA-LUFT-GEWEHR". Also it has a metal butt-plate so the date mark usually on the butt isn't there. It has a single pull trigger and the breech seal is not fitted to the barrel breech but is fitted into a groove at the front of the air chamber and it still makes a perfect seal. However, as I said earlier there is no sign of a model number either on the barrel, air chamber or around the cocking linkage area, so a bit of a mystery!

Aubrey