Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why has the concealed underlever idea been dumped except for the PS .

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    You make an excellent point about the Chinese! I wonder why they have never copied this? An Asian manufacturer did produce a B40(I think) which was similar to an Air Arms model for a while but maybe they are reluctant to try mimicking that brand that again? Still an Airsporter copy would be interesting.Even Gamo who seem to produce a mind boggling amount of variants have not yet attempted the hidden underlever other that the Stutzen from years ago. I live in hope.
    One way to manufacture a concealed lever without extra cost would be to simplify it, look at this armature bodge that could be refined.

Thats rather clever, what rifle is that please? Lets hope this ingenious idea gives a manufacturer a nudge-hopefully a chinese one then I could afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thats rather clever, what rifle is that please? Lets hope this ingenious idea gives a manufacturer a nudge-hopefully a chinese one then I could afford it!
    It's a Diana 460 with a few 52 parts, it looks a bit of a mess in the pictures but just think what is would look like if it had purpose made parts by a manufacturer, also it would have a big advantage over the PS for export as the PS is suited to low power and this would be suited to any power for the no limit countries.

Thats actually a nice looking rifle and very clever! really liking the adjustable stock-very useful

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Because springers really benefit from some weight up front, and the underlevers address that in their natural format.
    What he said. (though I like my Airsporters). Also easier to cock. Looks v function.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    I wonder why the Webley Eclipse went from a prototype concealed underlever to the standard production design? They would have been more elegant their originally intended way.
    Well, everyday is a school day, I never knew that the prototype was concealed. It would make sense, as it is mine always feels a bit front heavy with the lever under the barrel.........dom

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    I wonder why the Webley Eclipse went from a prototype concealed underlever to the standard production design? They would have been more elegant their originally intended way.
    I had a MK 1 Eclipse and although they had faults, I liked it and would have liked it better if it had a concealed lever Do you have any links or pictures of the prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    That's the reason I love the Prosport and Airsporter, for me it's the looks, I'm not keen on the looks of exposed underlevers, I know they are easier to cock but they seem to muck up the lines of the rifle.
    Then get yourself a sidelever and look at it from the other side. No lever to be seen, nothing to offend the eye.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by 4end View Post
    Then get yourself a sidelever and look at it from the other side. No lever to be seen, nothing to offend the eye.
    Ah! OK, or I could sell all my airguns and buy a shotgun and upset everyone when I go to the next boinger bash but saying that I don't actually have a sidelever in my collection, so I could get one take it too a boinger bash and get Tone to cock it for me and I could shoot it with one eye shut
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in