Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kempton Wants

I'll take a few BSA underlevers out for a ride again

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I'll take a few BSA underlevers out for a ride again
    My plan scuppered back to the drawing board then.....

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    My plan scuppered back to the drawing board then.....
    Don’t worry Tim, nobody ever buys any, they just pick them up and shuffle them. Last time I took home more than I bought.
    I think I would be sad if 3 sold.

We call them thr tyre kickers friends

Don’t worry Tim, nobody ever buys any, they just pick them up and shuffle them. Last time I took home more than I bought.

Like a muppet I thought too long about a very nice Improved Model B you had last year and it went to someone that didn't dither.

The moral being Binners tends to have some rather nice BSAs on his stall and at very good prices. I think there were a couple of long cylindered CS and shorter C prefixed No 4s at the last fair and others with original BSA aperture sights.

So do as I say and not as I did - if you see a nice rifle on the stall, grab it!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

All were lovely from memory. Hopefully I'll get to shuffle them again on Sunday.

Made me think, is airgun collecting cyclible? If you look at the classic car market, pre war stuff is becoming less sought after, whilst stuff from the 80's is going through the roof.

It's got a lot to do with nostalgia, look at the prices now being realised by early Venom stuff or late Webley's like the Longbow or Tomahawk.

its entirely possible, that people avoid pre war BSA's as they are the "crack cocaine" of collecting, one is never enough, you buy another, get John M's book and before you know it, you're addicted.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    All were lovely from memory. Hopefully I'll get to shuffle them again on Sunday.

Made me think, is airgun collecting cyclible? If you look at the classic car market, pre war stuff is becoming less sought after, whilst stuff from the 80's is going through the roof.

It's got a lot to do with nostalgia, look at the prices now being realised by early Venom stuff or late Webley's like the Longbow or Tomahawk.

its entirely possible, that people avoid pre war BSA's as they are the "crack cocaine" of collecting, one is never enough, you buy another, get John M's book and before you know it, you're addicted.
    There was a couple if Tomahawks on a table in the first hall at Birmingham the other week, didn't seem to be attracting any interest, he also had a thumb hole Webley Eclipse standard length, Tim had a nice Eclipse Carbine on his table, now if that had the thumb hole stock on it, then that may have been worth having.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in