Thread: Power loss

Power loss

Hi all,I have a tx200, I replaced piston seal, breech seals. I took 1 coil off new spring and compressed 1 coil.Am only getting 9.5ftlb,would like around 11.5 ftlb any ideas guys

Quote Originally Posted by Geetee View Post
    Hi all,I have a tx200, I replaced piston seal, breech seals. I took 1 coil off new spring and compressed 1 coil.Am only getting 9.5ftlb,would like around 11.5 ftlb any ideas guys
    How tight is the piston seal in the cylinder? It could bed in and become more efficient. Otherwise, maybe a power washer behind the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    How tight is the piston seal in the cylinder? It could bed in and become more efficient. Otherwise, maybe a power washer behind the spring?
    I tried 2 washers on spring guide,gun wouldn't cock or engage trigger so removed them.piston seal is quite loose

Quote Originally Posted by Geetee View Post
    I tried 2 washers on spring guide,gun wouldn't cock or engage trigger so removed them.piston seal is quite loose
    If the seals a bit loose, you could lose power there. For interest; why remove a coil and collapse a coil before getting to 9.5ft/lb? It sounds like the spring in its' original guise would have met your requirements.

Hi,ì used an airarms Pro tuning kit,Does seem constant over chrono.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Did you not try everything before you took the coil off ?
    Master Debater

Thanks for replying guys,have ordered replacement spring

Which version of the TX is it?

Did you measure the output before fitting the spring?

As the chaps have said, it may have been wise to try the rifle before reducing the spring down. But that's history now. If you have to wait a while for the new spring it might be worth adding some preload at the front end so as not to promote sear latching issues.

As CapitalBee has said, depending on how loose the piston seal fit is, this might be causing issues? If it is slightly loose at room temp and you are then shooting outdoors in these temps, the seal fit will be even looser as the seal contracts, reducing compression. If this was the case, you could try and re-chrono in a warm(er) setting.

What calibre and what pellets are you using?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!