Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw45 accuracy problem ?

Hw45 accuracy problem ?

Hi

I'm a bit lost with my 45. impossible to make a group of less than 5/6 cm with gun support! At 6,8 and 10 meters .I tried at low power the same. Have tight barrel any problems. I have tried all types of lead Jsb exact, express, rs, lead match h&n, meisterkugel, r10. so is it the barrel or myself who have a problem ?

Thanks

45,s are very hard to master in my experience . But it could be just me
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Yes have read here and there difficult to manage but I m surprise with very poor group.

Dirty barrel would be my best guess, chronograph it, and if power is consistent that rules out broken spring/guide (which would be next best guess)

Or.... loose rear sight blade? They are prone to being bumped or moved due to the over lever cocking action
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

If they were made by anyone else they'd be a pig to shoot but as it's a hw it's just hard to master.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
    If they were made by anyone else they'd be a pig to shoot but as it's a hw it's just hard to master.
    I expect that sort of answer from Tony L
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    is the piston crashing / slamming when shot, ie very harsh cycle ? Ausie seal helps a lot. Also push a pellet through the barrel and check it's not coming out deformed ? Breach seal making good contact ? crap in the barrel ?

if it's mechanically OK... you need to hold it softly - when "resting" hold the pistol and rest your forearms on the rest, not the gun.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I'd put a stock on it.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Check the barrel crowning is ok.

All is mechanically ok, new spring, all seals, sometimes I even have 2/3 pellets that leave the target, i.e. 20/25 cm apart … if I shoot without rest ok i understand but actually I shoot with rest… firing cycle is smooth not harsh…
    Try clean barrel today and see the crown…

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Marc of France View Post
    Hi

I'm a bit lost with my 45. impossible to make a group of less than 5/6 cm with gun support! At 6,8 and 10 meters .I tried at low power the same. Have tight barrel any problems. I have tried all types of lead Jsb exact, express, rs, lead match h&n, meisterkugel, r10. so is it the barrel or myself who have a problem ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc of France View Post
    All is mechanically ok, new spring, all seals, sometimes I even have 2/3 pellets that leave the target, i.e. 20/25 cm apart … if I shoot without rest ok i understand but actually I shoot with rest… firing cycle is smooth not harsh…
    Try clean barrel today and see the crown…

Thanks all
    Your first post mentions groups of 5/6cm. And did I read that right in the second post, with some of the flyers being 20/25cm apart?

Check out all of the above suggestions AND.....you're not resting it on a hard surface are you? If you are to shoot rested try it on a soft, cushioned rest. Also try freehand. Either way employ a soft, but repeatable hold and pay particular attention to trigger control and follow through. Fingers crossed this helps.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I rest well on soft surface rest bag and rags. I will try to apply myself this evening during a new test after cleaning the barrel

What cal is the pistol Mark, My .22 shoots ok but the .177s i have are absolute pigs. They are never going to be target quality, but some guys get decent results,
    I Am just a can basher myself, so they work for what i want them for. Col.

Hi Colin, .177 and think buy .20 or .22 barrel

I see many guys have.22 caliber in this gun
    Last edited by Marc of France; 06-12-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Finally cleaned the barrel, it needed it because it was black… polishing the crown with 000 wool on dremel. first try with exact jsb not bad ... the best he seems to like hades because I have a group of 20/25 mm at 8 meters. With rest and the hand well relaxed not too tense.

Thanks all for your contribution