Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw45 accuracy problem ?

Great, that's sounding better.

Now, once that barrel has been leaded-in, some further pellet testing and polishing your technique and really getting to know how the pistol wants handling, you might find those results improve even more.. Nice one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    .....if it's mechanically OK... you need to hold it softly - when "resting" hold the pistol and rest your forearms on the rest, not the gun.
    Exactly this!

Spring pistols generally cant be "rested", but you can rest your arms, being careful to have your wrists and hands free.
    Then you need to develop a consistent soft hold that lets the gun recoil naturally. It it just like with spring rifles, only more critical.
    Too many airguns!

I can shoot HW45s with a high level of accuracy, but it took me a long time and much research to do it,
    The secret for me was when I found out about the standard 1911 combat hold, because that is the only hold that gives any accuracy.
    Assuming you are right handed place your right hand at the bottom of the grip so that your small finger is flush with the bottom of the pistol grip. Grip the front of the pistol grip with your fingers, don't use your thumb to grip the pistol just use it to stop the pistol from slipping out of your fingers.
    Cup your left hand and rest your right hand in the open cup, don't let your left hand touch the gun.
    If you want to rest the shot, rest your right wrist only on the shooting cushion.
    Maintain the lightest possible grip on the gun, just enough so you don't drop it.

That's what works for me.
    By the way the later "Star" versions of the pistol have that enlarged elephant's foot grip which seems specifically designed to prevent the shooter from using the 1911 combat hold - no idea why they did that.