Thread: Warning on scam I came across yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warning on scam I came across yesterday

Morning folks just a quick heads up.

I use a few advertising sites one is a small one called ihunter.co.uk as some times not to bad offers come on.

Well yesterday I saw a Mk1 verminator for £225 not to bad a price if needs a service etc or someone wanting a quick sale this was advertised as in Scotland.

So long story short fired a message across about postage what comes with it etc. And that's when my suspicion started with the story post it for £5 pay by PayPal. Scope on it was a hawke sf worth more than the rifle then even funnier provided 2 more pictures of the rifle which better still was 2 different rifles a mk1 and mk2 when questioned they said the pictures are all of a verminator. Which true not the same rifle as most of us know with the shroud.

The advert has been taken down and another with similar write up for another FX which someone might recognise on here as guessing using pics.
    Screenshot_20221206_091631_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20221206_091617_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20221206_082300_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221206_082247_Chrome.jpg
    I have added screen shots for a laugh but please be careful and keep pennies in pockets until sure who you dealing with I asked for some id and then contact was broken.

Stay safe folks

Luckily this scammer was an idiot and easily rumbled by someone who knows his stuff, well done 👍.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

If you are buying or selling its worth doing face to face, not suitable for most, better be safe than sorry.

yes well done for spotting it was a scam

Again, Well done. Better to buy from forums with people you know, Most people i have dealt with are members of this forum amongst others and they use the same names on them all like myself as they have nothing to hide, We get use to the names we know selling stuff. Billy Bullshite from Bradford just isnt going to do it for me. You have no Guarantees at all with the likes of Gunstar and gun trader unless you are collecting. Whenever someone see`s an absolute bargain then they want it and thats what the scammers depend on. Lots of people could have already bought that little Verminator you saw before anyone realizes its a scam.
    Collection is always best if its within your travelling distance unless you have already dealt with that person before, Maybe a member that you know closer could always check it out before you pay. Its never easy these days. Col.

Yes definatly the last verminator I saw on here you grabbed Colin haha

Quote Originally Posted by markfalcon23 View Post
    Yes definatly the last verminator I saw on here you grabbed Colin haha
    Yes Mark but he is a trusted seller, In fact i trust everyone on bbs once they have been on a while. Col.