Thread: Compact Scopes Comparison

Compact Scopes Comparison

Guys shared this on other forum too but maybe of use to someone on here too.

When looking at the newer style compact Scopes no compression videos so having now got 1 of each I've done just that

https://youtu.be/waREWCnmOKo

As say hopefully benefit someone looking to buy one

Atb

Good video. I have a few Optisan CP3 on my rifles. Nice glass and ret with a good range of magnification. Even with the sunshade there is plenty of room to access the breech on a Pro Sport and 97.

Compact Scopes

Hi all.Thanks for the link to the reviews on compact scopes. I found it very helpful. I currently shoot a Weihrauch HW97 KT .177 Springer. It has a Hawke Vantage 4x32 on it at present. I would like to upgrade but I can see that due to the design and location of the pellet loading port, any scope much longer than the one i have would not work. All advice on the subject is most welcome, I would rather buy once and buy right rather than but in haste and find out its unsuitable on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Irondave5110 View Post
    Hi all.Thanks for the link to the reviews on compact scopes. I found it very helpful. I currently shoot a Weihrauch HW97 KT .177 Springer. It has a Hawke Vantage 4x32 on it at present. I would like to upgrade but I can see that due to the design and location of the pellet loading port, any scope much longer than the one i have would not work. All advice on the subject is most welcome, I would rather buy once and buy right rather than but in haste and find out its unsuitable on the gun.
    Never found out how to upload pics on here but if could I'd show you my 2 97s

One has the copperhead and the other the airmax. My 77 has a fixed cp3.

All very good but go s shop look through them all sew which you prefer

I've had the MTC Connect and Airmax touch when they came out. I like that they reduce potential eye alignment (and hence parallax) problems. If you want a very compact scope try the Immersive Optics or MTC prismatic scopes - I'm using the Immersive Optics 10x24 to very good effect - I even use it for Sporter class benchrest. A possible problem with a prismatic scope is, generally, the dovetail/picatinny/weaver rails require a long cantilever mount to get the scope back to the eye (less so with some 'bullpup' style rifles).

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I've had the MTC Connect and Airmax touch when they came out. I like that they reduce potential eye alignment (and hence parallax) problems. If you want a very compact scope try the Immersive Optics or MTC prismatic scopes - I'm using the Immersive Optics 10x24 to very good effect - I even use it for Sporter class benchrest. A possible problem with a prismatic scope is, generally, the dovetail/picatinny/weaver rails require a long cantilever mount to get the scope back to the eye (less so with some 'bullpup' style rifles).
    Hi Thanks for the advice.

Hi Thanks for the advice.
    Just seen your reference to HW97in your post. Any scope intended to have zero eye relief (MTC Connect, Airmax Touch or the MTC/Immersive Optics prismatic scopes) aren’t meant for recoiling rifles.

Hawke compact spec

This is the Hawke compact scopes dimensions which may help.

Picture posting

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.22 View Post
    Never found out how to upload pics on here but if could I'd show you my 2 97s

One has the copperhead and the other the airmax. My 77 has a fixed cp3.

All very good but go s shop look through them all sew which you prefer
    This site is a free site that you can use to post your pictures. https://imgur.com/
    Sign up and then upload your pictures to Imgur. Then while being logged in to Imgur select your photo & size. Select Direct Link on right side of screen & copy. While back on BBS select insert image and past your Imgur picture.

Easy peasy & example of pic from Imgur with different size selected.

Last edited by Travis299; 27-04-2023 at 04:32 PM.

I’ve the cp 3-12. Great little scope, I couldn’t fault it! On the other hand the hawke compact was horrific! Felt cheap, turrets felt crap, glass wasn’t great either. Sent it back and got a SW gen2 wry happy now

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    This is the Hawke compact scopes dimensions which may help.

Hi Sorry for the late response, thank you for the information and drawings, they are very helpful.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    This site is a free site that you can use to post your pictures. https://imgur.com/
    Sign up and then upload your pictures to Imgur. Then while being logged in to Imgur select your photo & size. Select Direct Link on right side of screen & copy. While back on BBS select insert image and past your Imgur picture.

Easy peasy & example of pic from Imgur with different size selected.

Thanks mate