Thread: Bss - parking

Bss - parking

Looks like they have taken on board the dislike of last years parking fee issue.

I understand free parking for 2023.

Shame as I am miles away now and free parking wint touchnmy petrol spend.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Yes .. it is very good news but we will wait and see as to whether we go. We have not been for a few years now following a pretty disappointing last visit based on airgun content and costs. I note that entrance will be around £30 each for the day so adding in fuel costs and the required food and drink, our day would be £120+ for the two of us. I never think of offsetting this by getting bargains as generally there are few to be had unless you strike lucky. So the daily outlay is just for a 'good day out' which could be judged OK depending on what you want ... I remember a few shows where we had a superb day out, generally going on the Friday, thanks to the Umarex (Umarex Boys Club) crowd and various side shows e.g. bell target, speed shoot, laser shoots. It was at one show (Newark I think) where I managed to spend some time shooting the Paradigm and chatting with the inventor (Trimm???) for a blissful half hour or so. By the end of our informal chat I had managed to become quite good at cocking it. At another show a good chat with Tony Belas was had and, of course, a brief chat with the AGW/AG crews was always fun, especially with Jim and Terry. The 'have a go' line up never really attracted us as the rifles on show/in use were not new to us and the then cost of around £1 per shot seemed silly (is it cheaper now?). There were a few exceptions though ... I remember one trade stand had a new springer rifle on show with their own 25 or 30 yard one target range. Cost? Nothing and a jolly good chat with a chap who knew his rifle. I can't remember the rifle name or make but it never made it to UK markets ... it was meant to be quite revolutionary. So ... let's see.
    Cheers, Phil

We went to this year's show - they'd have to pay me to go to next year's
    When it was at Stoneleigh it was fantastic, you could shoot the guns, there were loads of independent gun dealers with loads of 2nd hand guns. There was a knifemaker's hall, slingshots and I even had a go at Softair, as well as bell target.
    This year at the NEC we were round and done in under an hour - absolute crap.

KP is £5 with free parking and 200 tables indoors. Not as big as NSS but, plenty of love

Stoneleigh might have seemed a good venue for visitors but it was an awful venue for stallholders and their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Stoneleigh might have seemed a good venue for visitors but it was an awful venue for stallholders and their staff.
    Maybe so, but at least there were some stallholders!

Point taken, but it's gone very very wrong since it went the NEC - they priced all the independent dealers out of the halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Maybe so, but at least there were some stallholders!

Point taken, but it's gone very very wrong since it went the NEC - they priced all the independent dealers out of the halls.
    I confess I actually preferred Stoneleigh wa4ts n all.

It is far from an ideal venue but none the less...

The NEC on paper is far better when they don't ram stalls together and the aisles are wider.

But the last show (one before last) I booked 3 days and went for 2.

The parking was definitely a deal breaker for me.

Depends where I will be as to whether I will be willing to throw any money at it.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

most places charge for parking now