Thread: Artemis M16 regulator replacement?

Artemis M16 regulator replacement?

Hi guys. Sometime In the new year I'm thinking of replacing the stock regulator In my 12 ft/1b Artemis M16 with a preset Huma regulator. This Is mainly because the stock regulator Is set at a ridiculous high setting of about 150 bar. This In turn obviously gives me less shots per charge than a regulator would with a much lower setting.
    And as I'm not really that handy or experienced at stripping down and working on PCP's I have a question please.

And my question Is :

Once the new Huma regulator has been Installed and had been preset by Huma at about 95 bar, would the current power level of M16 be the same as It Is now or would I probably need to adjust the hammer spring tension? And If I would need to adjust the hammer spring tension, would It likely be higher or lower than It currently Is?

Cheers lads.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Simply adjust the original

3/4 to 1 turn off on reg adjuster should get you near 80 bar, even better take shims out and polish the flat edges to remove burrs

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Thanks for the reply and info.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

The uk 12ftb version of the M16 has a transfer port restricter this needs to be opened up to 3.5mm then the reg pressure can be lowered to around 100 bar once done the hammer spring can be backed off then the rifle runs alot more efficient with less hammer bounce its more consistent and gives more shots, its a myth that the M16 reg its not upto the job it's very good once set correctly for me its just as good as the Huma reg.

Dave.