Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Vulcan (mk1 i think) Kit

Webley Vulcan (mk1 i think) Kit

Hi guys,

Im sure this has been said before but i am looking for a little advice.
    My gad gave me a webley vulcan when i was a kid (mk1 i believe) and its seen its time and needs a freshen up really.
    I have been looking for a kit to set it up and make a little smoother as its a bit twangy and kicky at the moment, but i cant find anything online.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or help with a list of bits to collect please?

Thanks

Mattson

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I may be wrong but I'm sure the Webley Stingray kit should fit, if that's the case then a Welsh Willy kit will do you proud.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I'd have also guessed at Welsh Willy. Very possibly also worth having a word with Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

welcome to the forum hope you get it sorted great little guns

Maccari does a Webley kit that works well in Vulcans.
    I like to combine that kit with one of the purple Webley piston seals, it gives you a relatively fast but still soft shotcycle,
    and about 10 - 11 fpe depending on gun and calibre.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks guys.

I was looking at the welsh Willy kits but they dont fit the MK1 unfortunately.
    Some good suggestions tho il check some out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
    Thanks guys.

I was looking at the welsh Willy kits but they dont fit the MK1 unfortunately.
    Some good suggestions tho il check some out.
    image.jpeg

As far as I'm aware the Pistons and cylinders on all MKs of Vulcan are the same, so I can't see why a MK3 kit shouldn't also fit a MK1.

I'd give Will a call and ask him in person.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

As far as I'm aware the Pistons and cylinders on all MKs of Vulcan are the same, so I can't see why a MK3 kit shouldn't also fit a MK1.

I'd give Will a call and ask him in person.

All the best Mick
    IIRC, Mick, the Mk.1 did not have a spring guide*, and the stub on the front face of the trigger block is too wide for Will's spring guide to locate on.

That's why I fitted a floating spring guide in mine all those years ago, and I see no issue with chopping the rear end off Will's guide and letting it float.

* Or maybe I'm thinking of the Hawk.
    Last edited by BTDT; 05-01-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    IIRC, Mick, the Mk.1 did not have a spring guide*, and the stub on the front face of the trigger block is too wide for Will's spring guide to locate on.

That's why I fitted a floating spring guide in mine all those years ago, and I see no issue with chopping the rear end off Will's guide and letting it float.

* Or maybe I'm thinking of the Hawk.
    You put the floating shower rail in the Hawk, Jim.

With the Vulcan I haven't a clue about the back block without nipping out to the workshop and gutting my MK1 --- I'd never actually noticed a difference.

All the best, and a happy new year, Mick.

You put the floating shower rail in the Hawk, Jim.

With the Vulcan I haven't a clue about the back block without nipping out to the workshop and gutting my MK1 --- I'd never actually noticed a difference.

All the best, and a happy new year, Mick.
    And a happy new year to you, Mick.

The later Vulcans had a spring guide, which I think was pinned onto a reduced diameter stub. I'm not sure about the Mk.1, but I cannot think of any other reason Will's kits would not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    And a happy new year to you, Mick.

The later Vulcans had a spring guide, which I think was pinned onto a reduced diameter stub. I'm not sure about the Mk.1, but I cannot think of any other reason Will's kits would not fit.
    I think you just need to remove the steel guide on the early ones.
    By the look of the schematics I find online, the early ones have, like you say, a steel guide tube fitted with a crosspin that drifts out,
    while the later guns have Webleys plastic spring tamer.
    Too many airguns!

Ah ha --- that's where that bit of tube with the cross drilled hole in the end came from.

From memory I chopped the steel tit off the back block with a hacksaw then fitted a plastic HW77 guide in mine.

All the best Mick

Ah ha --- that's where that bit of tube with the cross drilled hole in the end came from.

From memory I chopped the steel tit off the back block with a hacksaw then fitted a plastic HW77 guide in mine.

All the best Mick
    The simple solution seems a fair bet Mick, I was going to reduce the tit on the back block of a Hawk to fit a Webley silent spring tech spring guide or at a push go with a BTDT sliding spring guide.

Although logic dictates it's probably just better to get rid of the tit

ATB

John
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    The simple solution seems a fair bet Mick, I was going to reduce the tit on the back block of a Hawk to fit a Webley silent spring tech spring guide or at a push go with a BTDT sliding spring guide.

Although logic dictates it's probably just better to get rid of the tit

ATB

John
    The spring tamer plastic guide in the lather guns has a center hole to fit over the "tit" or whatever you wish to call it
    I'm not entirely sure if there are dimensional differences between the "tit" on the mk1 and the later Mks.
    Too many airguns!