Thread: Finding a home for a very nice Haenel 28

Finding a home for a very nice Haenel 28

I bought a near perfect Haenel 28 .177 pistol several years ago. Happy to find this week a box for sale to put it in, matched the .177. The pellets came to me as an add on to a purchase a couple months ago. Not original to the box but look the part. Took some time but now a nice presentation. This Haenel is one of the few I have ever seen with a retaining screw in the end cap. It’s original I believe not added later.

Last edited by 45flint; 15-12-2022 at 07:29 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Very nice to find a box to go with your great condition 28. l also had a 28 with the retaining scew.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Very nice to find a box to go with your great condition 28. l also had a 28 with the retaining scew.
    Do you remember the serial number?

Auction tomorrow

I’m very envious of the box I have to say. I’m doing a nice wooden presentation box for mine with an oil dropper from 1895 and a couple of reproduction pellet boxes.

There is a 28 going to auction tomorrow with both barrels.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...7-af6600efbca3

I too have a nice boxed Haenal 28 and would love to find an original Haenal pellet package to go with it. At least the one I have is German but far too late to be contemporary with the pistol.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I too have a nice boxed Haenal 28 and would love to find an original Haenal pellet package to go with it. At least the one I have is German but far too late to be contemporary with the pistol.

Brian
    Was looking around today and found an old Haenel 28 box I had that was pretty beat up but inside was an original pellet box in .177. What are the odds, now complete.

[QUOTE=45flint;8194970]Was looking around today and found an old Haenel 28 box I had that was pretty beat up but inside was an original pellet box in .177. What are the odds, now complete.

Hi Steve,
    That’s the pellet packaging I’m looking for to complete the boxed 28, but no luck so far. Maybe I should widen my search radius.
    Brian

looks very nice