Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 2200-What to do with it? Whats it worth?

Crosman 2200-What to do with it? Whats it worth?

Hi Chaps,

I noticed that a Crosman 2200 recently appeared on here and as I have one that needs attention to the valve I wondered what to do with it? I have tried previously to get this thing working but I am not that confident in re assembling it! A year or so ago I replaced the pump valve which is working now thanks to a member on here. Sadly the problem must be deeper into the rifle but buying a new valve has proven to be a little difficult.

Are these rifles collectable, do they have a following? Mine is a long lump with what looks like a screw on silencer and I can't recall ever seeing another (which may be an indicator of how unpopular they were!). Its not costing me anything to keep but I am curious to see if its worth anything as it may help in parts or as a swap for something...

Thanks for any pointers.

I've had a few and the 766 although they have that plasticky feel they do make great garden plinkers. Once again Ped is the go to guy on here and he finds the UK versions have the blow off valve which have a tendency to leak.

depends on the variant for value
    the chrome receiver 1st variant or the 2200w are the most collectable but they're fairly easy to work on but danger areas are the plastic stock lugs and the barrel housing
    parts can be hard to get as many bits are obsolete now even in the US
    if it has damaged parts it is still saleable as a spair or repair and if i had logged in 5 mins earlier i would've bought the one that was on here recently

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I've had a few and the 766 although they have that plasticky feel they do make great garden plinkers. Once again Ped is the go to guy on here and he finds the UK versions have the blow off valve which have a tendency to leak.
    Thanks, I think your right, its possibly the main valve leaking and needs someone who knows what they are doing to look at it. I have never had the 766 though as a kid I loved my Daisy pump up with its 5 shot strip... I still keep my eye out for a wood stocked version of this gun-or even the Crosman wood stock equivelant. Pump ups otherwise are just not my thing.

I too wouldn't mind owning the 2200W they are out there but they don't come up for sale often.

I can see why people find the pumping laborious but for me they bridge the gap between a self sufficient springer and the PCP requiring cumbersome charging gear. The trade off is worth it if you only take a few shots now and again. The Crosmans are usually a lot easier to pump than the Sharps and Benji/Dan's.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    depends on the variant for value
    the chrome receiver 1st variant or the 2200w are the most collectable but they're fairly easy to work on but danger areas are the plastic stock lugs and the barrel housing
    parts can be hard to get as many bits are obsolete now even in the US
    if it has damaged parts it is still saleable as a spair or repair and if i had logged in 5 mins earlier i would've bought the one that was on here recently
    Hi Ped, mine has the chrome reciever and silencer but to be honest I have no idea of what model it actually is. I did look for a few weeks on websites for parts but gave up. The fact that its obsolete probably explains why I had no luck. As its plastic I wont touch the innards as I am ham fisted at the best of times.

I had the plastic version some years ago and sold it which I regretted later, I had one of these in the late 70s so it fetched good memories, Anyway I bought a walnut version some years ago and came in its outer box , No polystyrene or anything similar, As above it's a 2200w , Was the w for walnut or can you get plastic and walnut 2200w, I thought the w was for the walnut version, Some years ago these were advertised quite often along with the sharps ace , innova etc etc but very thin on the ground now, Value I'm not sure , Need to look at recent sales for an indea but unfortunately they not getting advertised. On gs and gt they do advertise for silly money but the sellers know if someone wants something that bad they will pay silly money, With no recoil and very accurate and 11+ ftlbs easily achievable plus back in the 70s and 80s they were defo a league above the springers back then, Maybe even today,

Hopefully someone will have an idea for its value or want one for a project, if not it can continue to live in the wardrobe for another decade or two! I really do like the idea of a Walnut stocked version! Its a pity this is not done more often with the lower end or mid range rifles now.

I don't think it would be too difficult to make a stock from wood and then you wouldn't have to worry about the lugs snapping. There was someone on a US forum making them a few years back.

If the 2200 in bits recently sold for £85 then yours being the earlier one might be worth a little more to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hopefully someone will have an idea for its value or want one for a project, if not it can continue to live in the wardrobe for another decade or two! I really do like the idea of a Walnut stocked version! Its a pity this is not done more often with the lower end or mid range rifles now.
    I sold a load of guns lately but kept some of the odd ones , Well not so common ones I should say, But yes these old pumpers will still keep up with the new ones of today, Keep it and get it sorted , They work quite well ,

1st variant
    if you put a price on it i'd be intrested for spares as i have quite a few to keep running and a couple which needs spares
    you can get an aftermarket wood stock made in the US and the mod1 is near enough identical but came with a wood stock
    in the past i have made wood stock mounting lugs for them

free pic hosting
    in an unworking condition and without pics i couldn't give you a value but if you put a price on it posted i'd be interested

Do you have a source for those wooden stocks Ped?

WoW Ped your a talented man if your stripping them down so thoroughly! The wooden stock would indeed transform it. The thread was really asking for a valuation as I have not seen one before...

I'm not too fussed about ringing out every penny from what I have as I tend to spend it anyway but an avarage fair price or even better I prefer a swap then no money has to change hands. If I ever do get a price I will certainly contact you as you seem to be able to resurect these things, its nice to see something restored rather than broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Do you have a source for those wooden stocks Ped?
    that is a model 1 but the stock mount had been cobbled together so i had to make the mount from scratch James
    i do know of a chap in the US on the GTA who was doing them about $100 but whether he still is and what it would cost to get shipped i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    WoW Ped your a talented man if your stripping them down so thoroughly! The wooden stock would indeed transform it. The thread was really asking for a valuation as I have not seen one before...

I'm not too fussed about ringing out every penny from what I have as I tend to spend it anyway but an avarage fair price or even better I prefer a swap then no money has to change hands. If I ever do get a price I will certainly contact you as you seem to be able to resurect these things, its nice to see something restored rather than broken.
    i rebuild many pumpers crosmans benjamins sheridans sharps plus do seals for them
    price wise i've bought them in non working order from £35-60 working order £60-100 and seen minters up for sale £130plus but some were boxed with paperwork and in mint condition
    i think the one on here other day was in bits at £45 which tbh was top end as i didn't see if it had bits missing/broken
    is the silencer adapter like these as it may be one of mine
    td bank hours saturday
    slotted to keep the front sight

unslotted to replace the for sight