Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aperture/Peep sights - Williams

Aperture/Peep sights - Williams

I watched an interesting Youtube video (I think by Simon Pittaway, produce some 3 years ago), which covered the Walther LGV. He recommended a Williams peep sight for the LGV.

Yet again, this started me thinking about doing exactly this. Unfortunately, I could not properly hear from where it was he suggested sourcing the Williams peep sight.

Does anyone know who stocks reasonably priced Williams peep sights in the UK? I could, alternatively, use something else, perhaps a Gamo, but peep sights are remarkably expensive and the Williams seems relatively well priced and accurate. It might be that one should buy from the manufacturer in the USA - if this is possible - but then there is import tax, presumably.

Rgds
    A

I managed to get a £90-00 skinner aperture sight sent direct from skinner's in the usa and by luck i think (small package), It so no duty paid, did not attract the attention of the HMRC

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by HarrisK View Post
    That's the type you're going to need as they have to fix onto the scope rails, alot of the ones on the Brownells site are for firearms and fix to the action.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisK View Post

Thanks for this but I cannot get the link to open. Is this a link from a UK seller for a Williams?

Yes, they have to fit on to the scope rails. I think Skinners sights, for example, are fitted onto the action.

Rgds
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Thanks for this but I cannot get the link to open. Is this a link from a UK seller for a Williams?

Yes, they have to fit on to the scope rails. I think Skinners sights, for example, are fitted onto the action.

Rgds
    A
    Yes most Skinners are fitted to the action and in the rear dovetail slot but they do some that fit onto action scope grooves http://www.skinnersights.com/rimfire...sights_25.html , but the are not really micro adjustable targetsight's.

Rgds
    A
    If you copy the number in the link and then paste it into the search box of eblag then it should come up, it's actually its a Beeman branded one but it's the same make.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Until 5-10 years ago they were not hard to find over here, and pretty good value.

Since then, they have become very hard to find and often stupidly expensive when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    If you copy the number in the link and then paste it into the search box of eblag then it should come up, it's actually its a Beeman branded one but it's the same make.
    Thanks for that. I have found it. I think this is slightly different to the Williams sight in the review, which can be seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG3svVk4o_w&t=334s

The sight can be seen at 4mins, 7 mins 39 secs and at 11 mins and 7 secs. I think the sights in the review feature a recoil stud as well, which fits into the LGV cylinder.

Without a specific recommendation from someone for a particular rifle, buying a peep sight is a little hit and miss, I fear.

Rgds
    A

I don't think they come with recoil studs, the set I have dont have one, I think what you are seeing in the video is the lock screw that fixes the sight to the dovetails.
    Last edited by look no hands; 03-01-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks for that. I have found it. I think this is slightly different to the Williams sight in the review, which can be seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG3svVk4o_w&t=334s

The sight can be seen at 4mins, 7 mins 39 secs and at 11 mins and 7 secs. I think the sights in the review feature a recoil stud as well, which fits into the LGV cylinder.

Without a specific recommendation from someone for a particular rifle, buying a peep sight is a little hit and miss, I fear.

Rgds
    A
    First, an apology my post should have read 1 at £50 in the well-known auction site, don't know what happened to the link?
    Have just looked again and it's still for sale, also had look at your link, and the sight in the youtube clip I would think is the same / very similar to the 1 on well-known auction site they both mount on the dovetail rail, there is a lot of adjustment on these sights for fitting onto various widths of dovetails. My Williams sight can go from about 7mm to 17mm and you can also adjust the aperture position to be in line with the dovetail, the 1 on well-known auction site looks the same?
    Just poped it on my LGR and it fits fine
    Last edited by HarrisK; 03-01-2023 at 10:41 AM.

I have been mulling over the one on the 'bay to see if it would make my Webley Osprey Supertarget into an' Army' model, I think it would, but I am not sure about how far away from my eye the eyepiece ends up. It doesn't seem practical to me.

As an aside, a similar one, but with more basic adjustments, has just sold on Another Gun Forum for £28, posted. It would have been worth an experiment for that price, but £55.50 posted is getting a bit expensive.

Edit: The Beeman sight has now sold.
    Last edited by Modski66; 04-01-2023 at 07:37 AM.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Having done a bit of reading up on Williams peep sights in the past couple of days, I decided to give one a go.
    Protek Supplies had one with a two-hole top mount for £35 plus £3.90 postage, so I nabbed it.

Listed as M577 on this page:

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/targ...cessories.html

Looks like the aperture might need a bit of attention, but I think I will be making some sort of adapter or eyecup or something.

Fixing it to the rifle should be straightforward by using a dovetail to picatinny adapter with a bit of filing and drilling and probably some head scratching!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Having done a bit of reading up on Williams peep sights in the past couple of days, I decided to give one a go.
    Protek Supplies had one with a two-hole top mount for £35 plus £3.90 postage, so I nabbed it.

Listed as M577 on this page:

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/targ...cessories.html

Looks like the aperture might need a bit of attention, but I think I will be making some sort of adapter or eyecup or something.

Fixing it to the rifle should be straightforward by using a dovetail to picatinny adapter with a bit of filing and drilling and probably some head scratching!

Fitting it will be the challenge but I hope it works. To what rifle will you fit it?
    Rgds
    A