Thread: Help needed BSA Scorpion pistol

Help needed BSA Scorpion pistol

Good evening all,

Can anyone tell me which part in the trigger mech isn’t doing what it should .

The gun will not fire unless I cock the barrel a second time just enough to reset the safety again.

I have read all the posts on trigger problems on here so far but looking for more detail before I go inside.
    Any help muchly appreciated,

Atb Woody.

What you need is gggr to read this he has expert knowledge on them.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by nat1 View Post
    Good evening all,

Can anyone tell me which part in the trigger mech isn’t doing what it should .

The gun will not fire unless I cock the barrel a second time just enough to reset the safety again.

I have read all the posts on trigger problems on here so far but looking for more detail before I go inside.
    Any help muchly appreciated,

Atb Woody.
    Usually the fix on this is to slightly bend the tang on the safety spring (the bit that goes through the safety bar on the outside of the frame) as the safety bar has gone slightly out of plonk. You may have to do it several times to get it right--AND if you do get it right, it may go out of plonk as the spring settles, a day or two later. The good news is once it has settled they are usually ok.
    Josie @ John had a problem like this with the carbine version and sorted it with a little tweak, probably about 4 years ago.

Good luck with it.

Ps----you probably dont want to strip the trigger, but fitting the later safety bar SHOULD make the catch manual instead of automatic--------But I ordered some from Chambers about ten years ago and they were "in the wrong drawer" so were automatic ones. Deepening the cut out a little on the safety bar will do the same thing but its a trial and error/ multiple trigger strip job.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Thank you kindly mr ggggr, once again you have come to my rescue.

Just the info I was after👍

Atb, Woody.