Thread: So its been a while since I posted here .. but still have the old Webley hawk Mk2

So its been a while since I posted here .. but still have the old Webley hawk Mk2

But it didn't come to me with 'iron' sights so I've been using a scope for plinking at 10 meters in the back garden, this seemed somewhat daft to me so ..

3D printed front sight, the original sight I bought off (with obligatory crack where the fixing screw is) and a prototype. Just need brass M4 inserts (on order also from ) for two grub screw holes on the top of the sight and a rear sight (just ordered, likely will see if I can 3D print a replacement sight as well). Front sight is usual post affair with wings off the side to protect it (probably not really necessary as the front post seems sturdier than the wings, though neither are thing so should last).

Time to look around for convenient targets to print out , wonder if if I could print out a rifle rest for zeroing the 'iron' sights once I've got the rear sight.

Well done, I like the look of it, did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Well done, I like the look of it, did you do it yourself?
    Yup , measured and eyeballed the original front sight and created the front sight in sketchup. happy to share the STL and object file (it's in SketchUp 2017 format) though obviously until I get the rear sight and the brass inserts it's untested.

If I can create a rear sight then I can experiment with different sight post and rear sight designs.

Quote Originally Posted by greebo_Brat View Post
    Yup , measured and eyeballed the original front sight and created the front sight in sketchup. happy to share the STL and object file (it's in SketchUp 2017 format) though obviously until I get the rear sight and the brass inserts it's untested.

If I can create a rear sight then I can experiment with different sight post and rear sight designs.
    Isn't modern tech useful, nice work
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thread resurrection!!

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread , but does anyone have a file I could download to print a Webley Hawk mk2 front sight? A friend has printed some Beretta pistol sights for me and has offered to help out with the Webley, if I can find a file. Cheers, Andy