Thread: Stroud Auctions February

Stroud Auctions February

Stroud Auctions have a nice selection of airguns next month.

https://www.stroudauctions.co.uk/auc...and-ninth-2023
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Obviously someone has decided to dispose of a small and nicely inclusive collection of classic vintage pistols. I suspect the estimates are 'come-and-buy me's' and it will be interesting to see what these eventually go for.

One of the 'Pope Bro's Rifle' air pistols is actually a Eureka, with a probable replacement cocking rod knob. The real Pope is interesting, as it is an example of the rarer serial-numbered version.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I'll take the lot at the upper estimate. No questions asked.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Not an auction house I would want to have anything to do with personally
    Morally flawed

Auction

Auction estimates are an estimate of the minimum they give to the seller. They're not really estimates. It's to save any fall out with the seller and 'shows' how 'good' the auction house is when hammer prices are generally far higher. They all do the same as a general rule.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

One of my old shooting buddies bought a French SBS about 4 years back from them. Turned out the barrel was delaminating and it was independently examined by gunsmiths who said that Stroud Auctions couldn't have legally sold it as it was clearly out of proof as a result. It took him an age of arguing for them to take the gun back & return his money.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    One of my old shooting buddies bought a French SBS about 4 years back from them. Turned out the barrel was delaminating and it was independently examined by gunsmiths who said that Stroud Auctions couldn't have legally sold it as it was clearly out of proof as a result. It took him an age of arguing for them to take the gun back & return his money.
    Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.
    Morally flawed

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    My son had the same problem with them with a shotgun. he took it to a gun shop who said they shouldn't have sold like it was. not in proof. took him ages also before he got his money back with threating to get the police involved.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I have never dealt with this auction house, but it does not seem to feature in The Saleroom. Is this unusual, or are there other UK auction houses are not included in the Saleroom?

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    My son had the same problem with them with a shotgun. he took it to a gun shop who said they shouldn't have sold like it was. not in proof. took him ages also before he got his money back with threating to get the police involved.
    Sounds like a place where you take great care when buying - and preferably buy in person, which is true of all auctions.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I have never dealt with this auction house, but it does not seem to feature in The Saleroom. Is this unusual, or are there other UK auction houses are not included in the Saleroom?
    Not so long ago, maybe a month or three, Stroud did come up on a Saleroom search.
    Cheers, Phil