Thread: Cz457 mtr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cz457 mtr

I have recently bought myself a new CZ457 with Walnut stock. A very nice rifle with good accuracy. There is a problem. The trigger weight from the factory is 4lbs. This is too high for a target rifle. A spring kit is available from the USA and I bought one and fitted it. This reduced the trigger pull to 1.8lbs which I think is still too heavy for a target rifle. The next step is to fit a Timney trigger for £200. This will allow the trigger to be adjusted down to 10 ounces, which is a little light, I would prefer about 1lb. Why does an excellent target rifle have such a poor trigger?

I recently bought a synthetic 457 and the trigger spring was heavy so i replaced it with a Biro spring and now it is just under a lb.
    Sweet as a nut. I use mine for rabbiting.

I thought the 457 trigger was fully adjustable, unlike the old 452.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew 3 View Post
    I thought the 457 trigger was fully adjustable, unlike the old 452.
    I tried adjusting mine as seen on youtube but it made no difference. So a lighter spring was the answer.

There are a few suggestions online on how to tune up the triggers such as the following .

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threa...wrong.1200909/

Quote Originally Posted by samboy View Post
    I recently bought a synthetic 457 and the trigger spring was heavy so i replaced it with a Biro spring and now it is just under a lb.
    Sweet as a nut. I use mine for rabbiting.
    my friend did this to mine, perfect now

Quote Originally Posted by jonno12345 View Post
    my friend did this to mine, perfect now
    I’ve done this on a dozen or more cz’s down the club. It makes a huge difference. Easy to do and equally easy to undo.

I think the manufacturers put a huge trigger pull on as standard so that you can’t sue them if you have an accidental discharge.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Rimfire magic sell trigger kits for these and they not silly money.
    V-MACH, HW 95 / Venom AA Pro-Elite / V-MACH TX200 HC / SFS HW 99 SNIPE & IMP / URAGAN 2 / FX Impact / HW100 FSB / Daystate Wolverine R / FAC FX / Sako Finnfire / CZ Varmint / CZ American / CZ 512 / Ruger 10/22 / Browning Buckmark / Taurus LBR / Tikka T3X SV .223.

I adjusted the trigger down as far as i could on my 457 varmint, just to the point it wouldnt engage and backed it off slightly and it still too heavy. I too am considering a Yo Dave spring kit as i have a pal in the states that could post it to me. But as for £200 on a Timney.. hmmm I’m already parting with £600 for a stock for it another 200 bills on a trigger and all that bleating about how I’ll never pay a grand for an air rifle again after how little my rim fires cost will be out the window.