View Poll Results: Is it a good idea to have military looky likeys on front of airgun websites ?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably Not

23 28.75%
  • NO

19 23.75%
  • We are entitled as everyone's against us anyway

10 12.50%
  • Yes

28 35.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it a good idea 'Assault Rifle' looky likey on first page of Airgun Sites ?

Is it a good idea 'Assault Rifle' looky likey on first page of Airgun Sites ?

Is it a good idea to have airguns that look like military assault rifles on the front of airgun makers/ shops/ importers websites ??
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It's want the market wants, so they advertise them. To me it looks like a children's entertainer muddled his order and only got black balloons, but each to their own.

Edit: you forgot "Pie"

The meta tags within the sites coding of, ‘gun’ and every other connotation of that word, will already have it ringing alarm bells to those who find all that stuff important/worrying/enjoyable to think about.
    So it really doesn’t matter.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Brilliant idea. Military rifles are my favorite type of rifle.

What about crossbows having camouflage or black plastic adjustable stocks, scopes and pistol grips that look 'military' and therefore 'scary'?

Maybe crossbows in ads should all be pink with pictures of Hello Kitty on them.
    Last edited by FlyingBBQ; 18-02-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Too very many younger shooters (and young feeling older shooters) these days say wooden stocked rifles look like museum pieces along with guns like the Lee Enfield, Kar 98K etc, Modern technology has surpassed wood for alloy or polymer, its lighter, tougher, easier to take care of and weathproof. As others point out most of the knee jerk, hysteria driven anti gun types are even offended by anything gun shaped. And the communities traditionalists submissive lay low approach to the public face of guns has done nothing to stop anti gun sentiments. I like the practical aspects of modern guns such as piccatinny attachment points, pistol and foregrips, compact and ultra compact dimensions because for many they improve our shooting experience as well as being pleasing to our eyes.

Back in the day early Airguns were often styled so their wooden furnature mimicked military service rifles like the 303 enfield, M14, 30 cal carbine etc to give them a bit of a martial appeal, same thing applies today.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter22UK View Post
    Too very many younger shooters (and young feeling older shooters) these days say wooden stocked rifles look like museum pieces along with guns like the Lee Enfield, Kar 98K etc, Modern technology has surpassed wood for alloy or polymer, its lighter, tougher, easier to take care of and weathproof. As others point out most of the knee jerk, hysteria driven anti gun types are even offended by anything gun shaped. And the communities traditionalists submissive lay low approach to the public face of guns has done nothing to stop anti gun sentiments. I like the practical aspects of modern guns such as piccatinny attachment points, pistol and foregrips, compact and ultra compact dimensions because for many they improve our shooting experience as well as being pleasing to our eyes.

Back in the day early Airguns were often styled so their wooden furnature mimicked military service rifles like the 303 enfield, M14, 30 cal carbine etc to give them a bit of a martial appeal, same thing applies today.
    What he said
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

BAN WOODEN GUN FURNATURE its Treeist , and those nasty macho gun names have to go as well, no more Nemesis, Vulcan, Trident, Hunter, Sniper, Ranger, Verminator, Assassin, Deer Hunter, Rabbit Killer etc We need to get in touch with our inner woman feelings ( can I say that these days? ) Our guns should have names like Breeze, Tamsin wind, Scirroco, Bambi, Olympic, Gardener, etc , All dyes and annodisation should be in pastel colours or rainbow colours as well doncha think ?? I'll get me coat.

BAN WOODEN GUN FURNATURE its Treeist , and those nasty macho gun names have to go as well, no more Nemesis, Vulcan, Trident, Hunter, Sniper, Ranger, Verminator, Assassin, Deer Hunter, Rabbit Killer etc We need to get in touch with our inner woman feelings ( can I say that these days? ) Our guns should have names like Breeze, Tamsin wind, Scirroco, Bambi, Olympic, Gardener, etc , All dyes and annodisation should be in pastel colours or rainbow colours as well doncha think ?? I'll get me coat.
    Just make sure it's not leather

Wow, two Theoben rifles and nearly an EB moderator
    Sirocco’s are a fab choice on new screw cut HW’s as it goes, they work great on 20 cal
    oh and 22 and 177 ……not sure about the lumbering quarter bore ….

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Is it a good idea to have airguns that look like military assault rifles on the front of airgun makers/ shops/ importers websites ??
    Well it's a better idea than having beauty pageants for toddlers,
    which goes a long way to explaining what kind of (expletive deleted) up world we live in

Drunk or philosophical ? you decide

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Use wot works in a practical situation. The military have quite a lot of experience in this situation. Take guidance from them.

Allow for some design variation, bearing in mind the differing shooting dynamics of airguns.

Is it a good idea to have them front and centre on publications? I'm not so sure but still yes.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Shooting sports are just fantastic. Just happens modern manufacturing uses a lot of black, and a whole lot less wood. We don't all drive Morgan wooden chassis cars now, do we?
    Modern examples need to be on the front covers if only to educate how things have moved on.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Personally I don’t think there are enough “modern” looking stuff like this.

I would have thought the back end of that could easily house a removable air cylinder, or maybe even two slim ones?
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

The airgun, pistol and rifle, manufacturers saw a gap in the market when firearm ownership became more restricted. There's a big market for 'looky likies' for those who maybe bent the law and with no chance of getting the real thing. On my shotgun application many years ago, I omitted a commercial vehicle parking offence, which I got an heavy fine for, didn't see the need on the sgc application, but it was mentioned when the feo made a visit, something to do with respect for the law ! I got my licence and still hold it.
    Today, you pay your money and walk out of the shop with your gun. If you've got enough money, then a Steyr pro X could be the nearest to a machine gun you'll get.
    Only in your mind, tell you what gun you've got. You can even live your John Wayne fantasies or was it Butch and Sundance ?

Do please read, and understand my poll

It is exactly as written - above - in my original post -