Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2023

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Please don't, there's only a certain amount of liquid our motorhome toilet can hold and I can't really keep filling it with sick
    But if the toilet blocks a long skinny stick is good for clearing it
    Pete

Now, now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    But if the toilet blocks a long skinny stick is good for clearing it
    What like a Hw35 barrel
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yes, yes, we gathered that, Pete.. Hence the "now, now".

Silly buggers!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    But not silly enough to own a 35
    Pete

What like a Hw35 barrel
    Enough of that Pete

I can think of nothing more majestic than a 22” long HW35E barrel

In fact, I wouldn’t mind adding a HW35E with a 22” barrel to my collection, it’s one gun that I regret not buying back in the 80’s…..

I remember seeing the adverts in AGW from Optima in Surrey, and thinking, ‘Oh, that’s a lovely rifle with that long barrel and walnut stock’…… . '
    Last edited by Paul SE; 09-02-2023 at 08:45 AM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    How you feeling now Tone ? Hope you haven’t had any delayed reactions. I guess you’ve been dealing with insurance companies etc. Hows that going ? Did you have a dashcam btw ? I don’t have one but seriously considering installing one given the shit standard of road craft I experience these days.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    But not silly enough to own a 35
    I'll be laughing my socks off when you both see the light one day and end up owning and cherishing them yourselves, Petey Boys.p:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Enough of that Pete

I can think of nothing more majestic than a 22” long HW35E barrel

In fact, I wouldn’t mind adding a HW35E with a 22” barrel to my collection, it’s one gun that I regret not buying back in the 80’s…..

I remember seeing the adverts in AGW from Optima in Surrey, and thinking, ‘Oh, that’s a lovely rifle with that long barrel and walnut stock’…… . '
    You tell 'em, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How you feeling now Tone ? Hope you haven’t had any delayed reactions. I guess you’ve been dealing with insurance companies etc. Hows that going ? Did you have a dashcam btw ? I don’t have one but seriously considering installing one given the shit standard of road craft I experience these days.
    Surprisingly, given the nature of the accident and the damage on the car, not too bad really, thank you, Pauly......I guess, as was discussed earlier, that's really testament to the passive safety devices on modern cars. Even though it was a 2007 Fiesta, the combination of the crumple zones, seat belts and air bags all did their respective jobs. Thank you little car.
    Symptoms haven't worsened. In fact, they might have got slightly better......I started doing the exercises straight away, as directed by the doctor at A&E. Also, the insurance company were on the ball. The legal protection people provided on the policy organised physio straight away......I had my first session on Tuesday and I have a subsequent seven sessions to come. Neck stiff but not as bad as it was. Arms achy, throbbing and "nervy" but not too bad, although painful when lifting right arm and driving. But all to be expected, really. Weirdly, as I've had it all before, you sorta know what to expect?
    Claim wise, I think it's all going through okay at the moment as I've heard nothing for a few days now. Just awaiting a call with an offer for the car; maybe next week?
    I didn't / don't have a dash cam. Luckily for me, they're not contesting anything, so all should be fine. But I can definitely see their value in many scenarios where liability might be at question, so maybe one for the future? As you say, with the terrible standards of driving you witness on seemingly every journey now, these roads are a nightmare and I'm truly amazed there aren't more accidents.

How you doing, my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I had a 177 Airsporter S carbine..I couldn't hit anything with it!!
    Of course you can't, it's a BSA.
    Er, erm, you were saying, Pete?....

How are we doing, Boingery Peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'll be laughing my socks off when you both see the light one day and end up owning and cherishing them yourselves, Petey Boys.p:
    I would of thought that airbag going off in your face might have knocked some sense into you .... but obviously not
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I would of thought that airbag going off in your face might have knocked some sense into you .... but obviously not
    Oooooh

I’ve only got 14 Weihrauchs And there’s plenty of room for some more
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Oooooh

I’ve only got 14 Weihrauchs And there’s plenty of room for some more
    The only HW I have in the house is Karen's 30, I resisted and got a Walther when I decided to add a German rifle to my collection, its only because I can't find the Diana I want.