Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2023

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I would of thought that airbag going off in your face might have knocked some sense into you .... but obviously not
    You want to know something Pete? I think it did actually work.

I want even more of them now!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You want to know something Pete? I think it did actually work.

I want even more of them now!

BOING!
    Bloody hell.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Off shopping now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Off shopping now.
    Now I know that's not true as you don't have the room for any more guns
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Rumbled.

You are, Sir, quite correct. No space and no spare funds, so the menagerie won't be expanding for the foreseeable future.

Could be much, much worse, though........no gun and no means of buying one; now that would be a big problem.

What I really need is some time and better environment to give me some plinking and fettling opportunities.

What I really need is some time and better environment to give me some plinking and fettling opportunities.
    I could do with a but more of that as well.

Yep, so many toys yet so little playtime........

I've only managed to shoehorn in one all too brief little session this year ()....,,a quick 15 shots down the garden with the Mercury S (as it's the easiest to simply grab) and, before that, it was a quick few shots on Christmas Day with the lad to make sure his new Umarex Cowboy lever action rifle was okay.

All the projects I've wanted to get started are all just sat there waiting.......Nothing too pressing as, like many of us, I have lots of others rifles to choose from, but there's a HW55T that I bought from Hsing-ee more than ten years ago that could do with a service and de-boing, a cheapy HW35 that I bought from 18Wheeler in 2016 to refine and the little old school HW50 that I got in 2016/17 to also service / de-boing and fit the Rekord trigger. Then there's that bike customer's Meteor, with seized piston, to make a start on one day.......I must aim to try and get at least a couple of them done this year (keeping the bar low and realistic).

Then, apart from our wonderful get togethers, I wouldn't mind being able to get to Brian Samson's most excellent indoor range at Doncaster once or twice. And I'd love to get to go and watch a couple of HFT / FT competitions. We'll see.

Yep, so many toys yet so little playtime........

I've only managed to shoehorn in one all too brief little session this year ()....,,a quick 15 shots down the garden with the Mercury S (as it's the easiest to simply grab) and, before that, it was a quick few shots on Christmas Day with the lad to make sure his new Umarex Cowboy lever action rifle was okay.

All the projects I've wanted to get started are all just sat there waiting.......Nothing too pressing as, like many of us, I have lots of others rifles to choose from, but there's a HW55T that I bought from Hsing-ee more than ten years ago that could do with a service and de-boing, a cheapy HW35 that I bought from 18Wheeler in 2016 to refine and the little old school HW50 that I got in 2016/17 to also service / de-boing and fit the Rekord trigger. Then there's that bike customer's Meteor, with seized piston, to make a start on one day.......I must aim to try and get at least a couple of them done this year (keeping the bar low and realistic).

Then, apart from our wonderful get togethers, I wouldn't mind being able to get to Brian Samson's most excellent indoor range at Doncaster once or twice. And I'd love to get to go and watch a couple of HFT / FT competitions. We'll see.
    All my spare time has just been spent doing DIY in the house to get rooms finished, Karen's mum died in January and we've been down south sorting things out, so the Walther has only had about 3 hours spent on it, I've only shot about 10 pellets since the last bash and that's just to check if rifles are OK, I have managed to get a couple of tuning kits in before Christmas but that's about all on the shooting front.
    Last edited by look no hands; 13-02-2023 at 08:16 AM.

So sorry to hear about Karen's mum, Pete. Please pass on my most sincere condolences. And let's hope that things improve for us to give us more airgunnery time.

So sorry to hear about Karen's mum, Pete. Please pass on my most sincere condolences. And let's hope that things improve for us to give us more airgunnery time.
    Thank you Tone, I will do, I'm starting to fit in little bits I can do to the rifles, spent a couple of hours last night rubbing down the pitting on the Walthers cylinder and then started rubbing the dings down on the Viscounts Walnut stock.

All great therapy, Pete, and very satisfying.

Boingery boings!

All great therapy, Pete, and very satisfying.
    I only meant to smooth the stock off as it has either been refinished or not done very well fro the factory as it was rough to the youch from bits in the oil, then I saw a load of dings and got carried away

It'll be more the better for it, Pete. And, I guess, the more time and work you put in at this stage will pay dividends later on?

It'll be more the better for it, Pete. And, I guess, the more time and work you put in at this stage will pay dividends later on?
    I hope so, I've got to restain it now after I've sanded the whole thing over.