Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

It was nothing like the delightful Rekord trigger fitted to those wonder Weihrauch guns

BOING
    Loving it.:
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

How we doing, peeps?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Tony, you know my love of walnut
    I had a laminate stock on my 10/22 and it was good. Don't really see how they can cost more than walnut though
    Pete

I see on the other thread re new Air Arms models that the price of the new TX US is to be £930? Ouch!

Oh, deep joy.......went for the follow-up eye appointment at the hospital yesterday and the bleeding has come back, so more injections to be scheduled.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hope it goes as well as it can Tony
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh, deep joy.......went for the follow-up eye appointment at the hospital yesterday and the bleeding has come back, so more injections to be scheduled.
    Sorry to hear that Tone, eye problems can be a real pain in the ar$e ...

I had some issues with CSR a few years ago, but things have improved now without any medical intervention

I hope you get things sorted for the long term and don't suffer from too much reoccurrence of the problem.

Luckily I only need glasses to shoot open sights, and don't need them when using 'scopes, as there is normally plenty of adjustment on both / either the focus and parallax rings.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Thank you, chaps.

I had five injections last year, at one monthly intervals. I had seen the doctor a month after the last injection and all seemed well, so it was fingers crossed and review in 6 months time (now). But, since November, vision has degraded again. The doctor said that, when I last saw him, some of the drug was still in there and helping. So, the plan is a couple of injections a month apart and then a course a couple of months apart and see how that goes.....

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Boing

Them old mince pies causing a bit of grief Tone ? Sorry to hear that. I know you got some relief after the last lot of injections so let’s hope these next ones do the trick. Sounds pretty gruesome though . It’s not as though you can close your eyes when you see the needle coming !!!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Thank you, Pauly.

To be fair, the last time around I was absolutely dreading it and I'm not saying it's the nicest thing to have done, but it's not as bad as you think and it's over really quickly. The fact that, at least last time, you could see a huge improvement by the following day makes you realise it's worthwhile. Not exactly "looking forward" to it, but that clearer vision afterwards does make me hope they get me in quickly.
    Last edited by TonyL; 22-02-2023 at 06:51 AM.

Has anyone spoken with Gwyn of late?

Hells bells TonyL,

Sorry to hear about the eyesight problems. I could never face an approaching needle to my eye, let alone face it many times. Eyelash in the eye, or a tiny pierce of grit is bad enough. You must be brave and good luck with it..... My eyes are staring to deteriorate a bit, I am eating raw carrots like crazy, no injections for me thank you very much. Best regards, may the treatment be a success.

Ah, thank you for those kind words, sir. Before the first injection last year I was, indeed, truly dreading the ordeal. And the thought of it, admittedly, isn't nice. But most of the time at the appointment is spent preparing - cleaning and administering drops to numb the eye. The actual injection part is over so quickly (about three seconds at the most) that's it over before you know it and takes you by surprise. And you see the improvement by the next day, so having a quick result makes you feel better about it.

So, not exactly looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to clearer vision and, hopefully, the eyes not deteriorating further.

Keep munching on those carrots!

A few little tweaks here and there on the Sleepometer and it'll be ready soon.

Pauly, be getting yourself ready, my friend. We're not a million miles away from your special number.

BOING!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    It’s all moving forward towards the next Bash quite nicely now. I usually find January and February crawl along but, we’re not far off March now and it’s all gone quite quickly. I always feel better once the clocks go forward.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22