Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2023

Hi Tony, sorry to hear about the accident mate and I hope you’re alright

Ah, thank you, chaps. All very much appreciated.

Neck and arms are loads worse today, as one or two of you mentioned. The evening of the crash I just seemed more groggy than anything else. And, wow, that was a weird experience with the airbags going off. Very disorientating but, obviously, a life saver.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not a stranger to all this having had other things happen in 1997, 2008, 2010, 2013 and now this. And every one caused by other twats not paying attention / doing stupid things. So I shouldn't really be shocked that the neck, especially, being lots worse today.

I''m doing the exercises as detailed by the doctor at A&E and taking the tablets so, hopefully, the worst will subside soon.

So that's two 2007 Fiestas written off with me at the wheel. One by that bloody car transporter in 2013 and now this one by the muppet pulling out whilst I was about on top of him at the junction and simply nowhere else to go / no time to react. Once driving again I'll jump back into my own car, the 2013 one which I bought when the other got written off! The one that's just died now was my dad's. He stopped driving in 2020, so gifted it to Monza. We were sharing it to get the insurance lower. And the engines are so much crisper on these with the less strangled emissions in mind. Really enjoyed these ones. My 2013 feels totally gutless and castrated in comparison. But much more modern feeling / more stable. The insurance money for the car will go to Monza towards the car of her choice.

Off to sort the claim out shortly.

Thank you for the well wishes, peeps; love ya.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Crap news about your accident Tone Hope you're not too badly injured from it. Some really poor driving skills being exhibited out there these days. Being on the road all day, I'm always having to watch out for the people who aren't doing the same (or who just don't care).

I won't be able to make the May bash but I'll aim for July
    Yes, I only do 40 miles a day now, Wills, but even that's bad enough. The standard of driving and etiquette is shockingly bad and I'm actually amazed that there aren't more accidents than there actually are.

Be great to see you in July.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

I’ve noted the Bash dates for this year and will try to attend one at this venue, while keeping an eye on the long range weather predictions for the relevant weekend

It’s about a 300 mile round trip there and back from sunny Herne Bay, so about similar to Quigley Hollow, Mick’s place, although I do prefer a drive up the A1(M) rather than the M1 as there always seemed to be roadworks and delays along that route

BOING
    Be great to see you again, Paul; it's been far too long.

I'd love to see that new 35 that you've detailed in your other thread, if you don't mind bringing it along? Sounds lovely.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'd love to see that new 35 that you've detailed in your other thread, if you don't mind bringing it along? Sounds lovely.
    Please don't, there's only a certain amount of liquid our motorhome toilet can hold and I can't really keep filling it with sick
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Gerra grip on yerself, man!

Gerra grip on yerself, man!
    This is how bad 35s are Tone, even Karen said they looked ugly when we saw one in Knibbs when I got her 30.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Be great to see you again, Paul; it's been far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Please don't, there's only a certain amount of liquid our motorhome toilet can hold and I can't really keep filling it with sick
    Indeed Tony, I would most definitely bring along my HW35K Limited Edition with grey laminate stock for you to caress, fondle and shoot

I might even bring a few more of my HW’s along to keep it company

Just checked the route, and it’s about 3 hours each way, so not too bad !!
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

I hope you're soon back to full health after the accident Tony.
    It may not feel like it now but things could have been a lot worse, thankfully one good thing about modern technology is that cars are a lot safer than they used to be.

Thank you, Gary.
    Yes, plenty to be thankful for and it certainly could have been lots worse, with the front of my car well and truly t-boning the muppet's.
    Having been in the car trade and having always been a bit of a petrolhead / enthusiast type, I fully agree with how that modern technology and strides in passive safety save lives, like seat belt pre-tensioners, air bags, crumple zones etc. Saturday's incident in a "solid, older" car would have left me in a much worse state, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Indeed Tony, I would most definitely bring along my HW35K Limited Edition with grey laminate stock for you to caress, fondle and shoot

I might even bring a few more of my HW’s along to keep it company

Just checked the route, and it’s about 3 hours each way, so not too bad !!
    Yes, bring 'em all; can't wait.

Sorry to hear about your accident mate (only just looked in on the bash thread) I hope you get everything sorted re the claim,and a quick recovery for your old body👍😉.
    Atb
    Les..

Jeez, sorry to hear Tony and I hope your recovery is as quick as possible.

Doing the logistics to try and make the long journey for a bash!

Blimey Tone you've certainly been through the wars, glad you're OK and on the mend mate.

Thank you kindly, chaps. Thankfully, things could have been much worse but weren't. But it really does put you off wanting to use the roads so much and having to share them with so many cretins. I think the soreness has subsided somewhat today.

Be great to get to meet you if you can make it to a Bash, Mr Foby.