Thread: 1906 BSA model The Air Rifle S/N 3826

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1906 BSA model The Air Rifle S/N 3826

Hi
    I have recently acquired this gun and have stripped down to service and replace spring which is in a right state. Am I right in thinking a Mk2 Airsporter spring is a good replacement and if so do any coils need to be removed. If not any other suggestions.
    Millsy

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy1 View Post
    Hi
    I have recently acquired this gun and have stripped down to service and replace spring which is in a right state. Am I right in thinking a Mk2 Airsporter spring is a good replacement and if so do any coils need to be removed. If not any other suggestions.
    Millsy
    Noticing that no one has yet replied, I thought I would add my suggestion. The person to speak to about this is Victor at Protek, Bognor. He is a fount of information on these old rifles and will doubtless have a spring for the purpose. In your position, I would seek his advice.

Rgds
    A

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy1 View Post
    Hi
    Millsy

I re sprung an ordinary pattern BSA with a standard Airsporter spring that was sold for the mk 3,4,5 etc.
    The spring was too long & I cut it to give around 1 1/2" (one & a half inches) of pre load I collapsed the last couple of coils & ground/ polished the cut face. Seems fine, but gather some more info if you can, there must be old posts on here that might help. I'm assuming you have an ordinary pattern one as opposed to the Ladies or Light model, but even then I think the cylinders are the same diameter & it's the length that varies.