Thread: Stroud Auctions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stroud Auctions

Stroud Auctions have got a haul of vintage airguns next month including another BSA Military Pattern. Someone disposing of a large collection?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...r10126?page=11
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Certainly spoilt for choice, Danny, but I would say most of the 'estimates' are totally unrealistic, particularly for the older rarer items.
    I see they have a Crosman 400 amongst the lots, for which I could be tempted to bid, but it will be interesting to see what it makes.

Also a left handed Theoben SLR

Nice HW55 too.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

I’ve occasionally used auctions over many years of collecting but not too much these days.
    Sometimes you can pick up the odd l, nicely priced rifle, but getting harder to achieve this these days. If you’ve not bought at auction before, consider:
    1) Estimates are usually quite low..aimed at attracting bidders, not often reflective of eventual hammer price
    2) Fees often add nearly 30% to the hammer price
    3) Collection must normally be within a few days before STORAGE charges apply
    4) Delivery is not always offered, so has to be arranged, via RFD, at additional costs all round
    5) Gun condition can sometimes be disappointing

Good luck if you choose to go for it….set your top price though (it’s easy to get carried away!)

Believe at Stroud Auctions they use a courier and will deliver to door. You need to be on and have id eg drivers licence bit like Pellpax do.

just check first.

Steve