Thread: HW80 doubts - talk me down!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW80 doubts - talk me down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan hw99s View Post
    HW99s has my vote had 3 of these they do everything you need hard to beat for the price ,my hw80 doesnt get used since i got a new 99 same results @ 40 yards on the farm. much lighter though hope this helps

Love my 99 Imp Mk2. I’m terrible for regretting selling things, but you’ve now got me thinking if I really need my beloved 80 as the 99 is currently my go to .22 hunting springer.

Can’t believe I just typed those words about my 80. How dare I! I may have to retire to the library with a revolver and a bottle of Scotch and do the decent thing, what! 🧐😉😂

Head in a spin here - do I still need my 80? Be gentle. 😂

If you don't need the money keep it.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

They're not a rare gun. If you feel you're not going to use it, sell it. You can always buy another if the urge returns.

Keep it, it is a proper mans gun, heavy-ish, powerful and very capable.
    I think it is head and shoulders above the 95 and the 99. 95 always felt jumpy and the 99 feels like a toy.
    HW80k all the way.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Thanks guys, it's the space I need more than anything, but I'll hang on to it, it's lovely and I hated the 95, and it's early days with the delightful little Imp. Had a bit of a wobble there! As an apology to the old warhorse I may treat it to the full Nick Simmons treatment when I'm a bit more flush!

i was not using my 80 last year sold it on hdere

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    They're not a rare gun. If you feel you're not going to use it, sell it. You can always buy another if the urge returns.

I meant it to be this quote lol !!!!!!!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

This above ; If it's an older non scrawled on one, think twice, or if it's tuned properly, think twice, as it can be a pain to het them shooting nice at uk power

If it's a common variety HW80 that you don't shoot with nothing special done just sell it

My local gunshop were upset when mail order ended, they used to have a steady supply of second hand HW80's and TX 200's mail ordered from big dealers 'blind' that folk found too heavy to shoot with, they'd come and p/ex them for medium weight rifles.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    This above ; If it's an older non scrawled on one, think twice, or if it's tuned properly, think twice, as it can be a pain to het them shooting nice at uk power
    It can be I agree but once you get the right spring and a few tweaks it's worth it