Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bss nec 2023

Bss nec 2023

I didn't go last year. Killer forr me was the charge on parking on top of all the other expenses.

As I have changed a lot of stuff, I might be tempted to go again this time around.

I think they got the message that 16 quid just to park pi55ed a lot of people off.

Might stock up on some lead based products and ammo if I can get it too.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Sorry man, but you can afford £16 for a once a year event.
    If its principle, then fine, but a venue like the NEC has massive over heads.
    If we want the events to keep being put on we have to attend.
    We are 200 miles away, so imagine our fuel bill will be double yours at about £75.
    The NEC costs wont change so if they get rid of the parking charge then they will charge the dealers more for floor space, which will then price them out. Food and drink cost will go up etc.
    I know its a bit of a shit world we are living in at the minute, but if we don't show they will go.
    VAYA CON DIOS

I'm tempted to take a trip but will decide closer to the dates, probably the friday

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Sorry man, but you can afford £16 for a once a year event.
    If its principle, then fine, but a venue like the NEC has massive over heads.
    If we want the events to keep being put on we have to attend.
    We are 200 miles away, so imagine our fuel bill will be double yours at about £75.
    The NEC costs wont change so if they get rid of the parking charge then they will charge the dealers more for floor space, which will then price them out. Food and drink cost will go up etc.
    I know its a bit of a shit world we are living in at the minute, but if we don't show they will go.
    Yes, its a principle. I wrote to BSS and the NEC saying so. Seems I I wasn't alone. As I recall, at one of the shows, another event was running at the same time with free parking
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I wonder what the record will be this year for people coming into my shop that have been to the show......last year it was two hours after opening, they left and came to ours to buy a gun as no one was selling it at the show.

I usually work there so haven't been effected by the entrance or parking costs - dealing with some of the punters who attend more than equals that out however...
    Due to my own work, I can't commit to it this year so I'll be visiting as a paying customer.
    So although it's a bit of a sting, I'll consider it a bit of a once-yearly treat to myself - and if it eventually gains smaller businesses an opportunity to exhibit some of their wares, that's great. I'd love to see these shows featuring some of the cottage type industries we saw at the game fairs of the 80's and early 90's.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    I wonder what the record will be this year for people coming into my shop that have been to the show......last year it was two hours after opening, they left and came to ours to buy a gun as no one was selling it at the show.
    I'll probably pop in on my way back, Paul - I need a few bits
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hence the point, sadly the NEC is a massive animal to feed. So if the traders do not attend, usually through cost, then the parking charge goes on to account for the loss of revenue. If customers do not attend and spend with vendors then it is a waste of money and time for them so they boycott. Bit of a catch 22. If no one turned up at the boinger bash's Neil would simply stop putting them on. I enjoy the Northern Shooting Show at Harrogate. Lots to do and see, my 13 year old can shoot all sorts or airguns and shotguns, partake in archery and axe throwing as well as lots of vendors.
    Free parking too, maybe you should put the £16 in the tank and drive up to Harrogate Mr Steyr, its a good event.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I'll probably pop in on my way back, Paul - I need a few bits
    We are open Friday & Saturday 9-5 as normal, plenty of free parking

Come on over and say hello to us (Umarex Boy's Club) on the Umarex range. Probably the only freebie at the entire show!

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    We are open Friday & Saturday 9-5 as normal, plenty of free parking
    Excuse my ignorance but what shop is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what shop is this?
    At the rishk of getting told off by the moderators..the shop set up by the author of BSA the golden Century

I'm not planning on going this year, because I don't need anything (notice I said need, not want ). Shall miss catching up with folks, but that's about it.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

£30 on the day. Cheaper if you book online. Free parking this year or did i read that wrong? Mach 1.5

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    £30 on the day. Cheaper if you book online. Free parking this year or did i read that wrong? Mach 1.5
    £25.60 pre booked and free parking.
    Master Debater