Thread: another newbie from wiltshire.

another newbie from wiltshire.

hi all , i just joined the forum last week , my brother Dave aka "leafy" is a long time member and regular on here .
    have a few old springers and couple of pcps .

got a nice air arms .22 S200 mk2 from "muzzle" via this site last weekend and picked it up from him and met him for a short visit , great thanks and the gun pressures up to 200bar no problem as per handbook .

sorted a scope out and magazine conversion and been sighting it up whilst out yesterday , put around 70 shots through it and then running out of air stopped play , i didnt take my small refill top up bottle out with me but got a good idea of what i can get out of a fill at 200 bar on the s200 .

i have a 230 volt pcp compressor but decided to order myself a 12 volt one as well now so i can fill whilst im out and about as it only takes a very short time to fill the s200 up from empty , i could only get 150bar out of my 300 bar filled 500cc refill bottle once id filled the s200 and then balanced out the pressures between the 2 tanks so makes sense to get a 12volt compressor sorted especially as they are not too expensive at present .

am on the start of fitting a 1.5kw 220 volt alternator generator to my landrover as well , got the second alternator conversion brackets and a 12v alternator on at present but have found you can get 220 volt alternators from china which i think i can easily retrofit to the 300tdi engine , should be able to boil a camping kettle on tickover rather than use my coleman stove lol but dont think it will power the pcp compressor , but you never know .

also have a mk1 bsa superten which i rebuilt and resealed etc , got 480cc bottle on it but its a bit of a heavy gun to chuck around in the woods so hence got the S200 which is feather light in comparison .

also have an early HW77 i bought back in the 1980s and an HW35 in bits to rebuild .
    have a few other bsa and webley spingers including a webley service mk2 in original condition .

got an anschutz 250 match rifle and a BSF .177 as well but rarely use them although they both need a tidy up .

i muck about with old vintage motorbikes too , currently ride a 54 ARIEL NH and a 56 AJS 600 MODEL 30 twin , but also have others not used as frequently .

hopefully i can dig into the mine of information on this forum and maybe provide some usefull info/help of my own too .
    cheers
    ian

Ayuuppp bruv you picked the best forum to join by far .Cracking little air rifle that S200 and you worked your magic on the superten .So glad you got the compressor as don't have to buy one myself one now .Whats even better is you buy lots of pellets too
    ........I only need the one. .22 Rapid Mk 2

"Not all those who wander are lost"