Thread: AA S200 diopter eye correction lens

AA S200 diopter eye correction lens

hi all ;
    i wondered if there is such a thing as a correction lens that can be fitted inside the rubber eyecup of the air arms S200 diopter sight , or also any diopter sight as i have an anschutz model 250 as well as S200 .

basically looking for something to drop into the cup with +1.5 to match my glasses which would be a circular lens of around 25mm diameter .

are there any places that sell such a thing .

they are made for slr cameras and that is an option to retrofit one of those but i thought maybe there could be a selection of suitable lenses available from somewhere out there in the target shooting supplies world .

i tend to take my glasses off to shoot with a scope but with a diopter sight i need the effect of the glasses on it but with glasses cant get my eye up to the cup to view through it properly , so could do with a lens of same magnification of my glasses that i can drop into the rib of the eyecup .

sort of looking at something around 25-30mm diameter i reckon .

not really keen on contact lens but i guess its an option .

update :
    i think ive found what im looking for , but still looking .

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/product...rrection-unit/

cheers
    ian
    Last edited by g5wqian; 30-01-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Centra also do a variable diopter (see edenkillie / inter shoot)
    And there is also this
    https://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ahg-ans...85bcc8a251610a

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/product...n-unit-503-09/
    Last edited by JB101; 30-01-2023 at 11:23 AM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

correction lens

Several manufacturers make a monocle holder, Anschutz, gehmann, and Centra/MEC, this method is a common option, other wise use shooting glasses.

If you have multiple guns specific glasses are often the preferred options, and they add a degree of eye protection.

BUT, what ever you use, the correction will require a +0.5 dioptre added to your long vision prescription to get the "compromise" correct focal length to 2 mts, as when looking at a target through a diopter sight you have three different focal lengths, and it is impossible to focus on all three.

The rear sight is a small hole or iris, (usually 1.1mm), very close, the fore sight is at a metre-ish, and the target at infinity. The compromise focal length is 2 mts. To achieve that you, with +1.5 plus prescription and with the +0.5 will require a lens of +2.0 dioptre.

This is the correct and standard correction for shooting using a diopter sight, and will allow you to focus sharply on the fore sight (the correct aiming focus) and still see the aiming mark.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

thanks for the information , very interesting indeed .
    i will look at some shooting glasses and monocle and see how it works out .

thanks for all that, it is just what i needed to know ..

cheers
    ian

You may also risk the thought of it being an optical aid.
    Let’s not open that can of worms 😂

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

This company will make you a lens to your prescription for very few Pounds, if you can fit it into the eye cup. An economical enough way to experiment.

https://www.reglaze-glasses-direct.com/
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.