Thread: Caution !

Caution !

Caution!

After seeing an air rifle advertised in the sale section on this forum, I agreed a price for a BSA Supersport with a forum member on here (hellsquad, John H, Eley)and paid for it in full.

The rifle that I received turn out to be a BSA Meteor which wasn’t the rifle I agreed to buy.
    I have messaged but had no response.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Right, seems to be a legitimate mistake. The two guns have been sent to the incorrect buyers.

As it's the sellers error, it should be at his cost to put right.

I'm sure the two of you can arrange postage of the correct guns to each other.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Simple error, happened to me not long after I joined, I just sent the item on next day,
    unfortunately it took the other party over a month before he deigned to post my items, even with the original seller offering to cover the post
    & oh boy did all his mates give me grief on other forums for having the nerve to complain !!

Bit strong to post that "caution" straight up on here, I was away yesterday and sent this about 8.30 today

Hi xxxxx,
    My sincere apologies !! I am an idiot and have mixed the addresses up on the two rifles I posted !!
    Any error at all was unintentional and I will at the end of the day rectify this, I will cover any postage costs at all !
    Could I ask for a few days to try to see if you and the other chap on forum would be happy to send to each other? seems sensible, I would of course cover ANY issues if ANY problems.

So sorry again !
    Best wishes
    John

Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    My empathy to the buyer and seller, a simple mistake that sadly means means more expense and inconvenience for all concerned. It stands to reason no one would bring about this situation deliberately

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    Bit strong to post that "caution" straight up on here, I was away yesterday and sent this about 8.30 today

Hi xxxxx,
    My sincere apologies !! I am an idiot and have mixed the addresses up on the two rifles I posted !!
    Any error at all was unintentional and I will at the end of the day rectify this, I will cover any postage costs at all !
    Could I ask for a few days to try to see if you and the other chap on forum would be happy to send to each other? seems sensible, I would of course cover ANY issues if ANY problems.

So sorry again !
    Best wishes
    John

Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    Hi john. I have the supersport back with me now mate. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Hi john. I have the supersport back with me now mate. Chris
    Thank you Chris ! I will await any contact from the other chap on how he would like to proceed.

I am sorry about this, been a few tough mths, but will have to concentrate a bit more !!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    Thank you Chris ! I will await any contact from the other chap on how he would like to proceed.

I am sorry about this, been a few tough mths, but will have to concentrate a bit more !!
    No need to be sorry i am fine about it. We "all" make mistakes john. Chris