Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Amazon pcp air compressor under £35.00

If you plug in the water pump before connecting the mains lead, there is no problem.

The issue is if you unplug the water pump, live electrical connections are exposed.

If the plug and socket was swapped there would not be an issue.

DONT TAKE THE CHANCE. Send your dangerous compressor to me and I will refund your purchase price!
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    If you plug in the water pump before connecting the mains lead, there is no problem.

The issue is if you unplug the water pump, live electrical connections are exposed.

If the plug and socket was swapped there would not be an issue.

DONT TAKE THE CHANCE. Send your dangerous compressor to me and I will refund your purchase price!
    Indeed

I just removed the wiring to the exposed plug terminals (and the terminals themselves) completely, and I power the water cooling pump seperately...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Other than safety aspect, how do they perform ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I bought the pricey Hills Compressor a couple of years ago and I’ve had zero problems with it.
    I do sometimes think I paid waaay too much when I read of people buying in £75 compressors that seemingly work perfectly.
    However I have Zero talent at tinkering etc. so I guess I bought peace of mind ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Other than safety aspect, how do they perform ?
    not tried it yet.. still waiting for my hands to stop shaking and the tingling in my fingers to subside
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Mine is still in it's unopened box and likely to remain there, as I'm not sure if I will ever use it, but at the offer price it was too good to ignore.
    I too received a 'recall' email, but as pointed out on this thread, the solution is relatively simple.