Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon pcp air compressor under £35.00

The red capped blow off valve should be an interstage low pressure safety valve.

Now wait for the feedback once a few have been used
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Yes, and rather than engine oil which a lot of them state in the handbook, the "reciprocating compressor oil" is unsurprisingly far more suited
    Try This oil https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clar...r-oil-1-litre/

Well I've got Mole-Valley farmers, compressor oil ISO 46 which is SAE20, so that's what I'll be using in mine.
    For the price I'd also change the oil every 10 hours run time, certainly can't hurt it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well I've got Mole-Valley farmers, compressor oil ISO 46 which is SAE20, so that's what I'll be using in mine.
    For the price I'd also change the oil every 10 hours run time, certainly can't hurt it.
    yup, defo. bound be to some break-in crud that gets into the oil..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

i use hydraulic 46 oil in my yong heng and change when i see any colour change

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Re above, there's more than enough other details to say it's not just a filter. Anyway, it's covered by Amazon's return policy.

Separately, I've bought one to try on "Fire, mining"

But seriously, I'll need to establish the quality of the filtering/water content before use on airguns.

Oh, and PAT test first. Of course it'll come with a proper BS UK plug... I hope.
    Dont bank on Amazon for help i bought a Tuxin V Twin compressor the first time i used it i found that it was not putting any air in the cylinder . The outhouse that it was in was filling with smoke and oil was pumping out of the crankcase breather onto the floor, Amazon did not want to know total waste of time .Tuxin in China told me i had to buy a new second stage piston and fit it myself.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    Dont bank on Amazon for help i bought a Tuxin V Twin compressor the first time i used it i found that it was not putting any air in the cylinder . The outhouse that it was in was filling with smoke and oil was pumping out of the crankcase breather onto the floor, Amazon did not want to know total waste of time .Tuxin in China told me i had to buy a new second stage piston and fit it myself.
    I was talking about the previous comment that it may just be a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    sale of good act covers this.. might need to involve trading standards.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Just opened mine.. wow - until I saw it, I don't think I really beleived that you'd get a whole compressor for £35, delivered !

Almost wish I'd bought two now, but that'd just be a little greedy. I already have a yong heng, and a trashed yong heng for spares.

very similar to the yong heng, but obviously the stage 1 to stage 2 "pipe" is replaced with an upright metal cylinder with a pressure blow off valve. The intake air filter has switched sides, and is much smaller to avoid it fouling the valve block.

Won't get chance to run it up for a while, but looks promising.. thanks again for the heads up Colin !

The only thing I found disconcerting in opening the box was the LCD temperature display reading and changing as it warmed up...without being plugged in.

Reminded me of Die Hard with a Vengeance, when the freezer thing in the school is reading a temperature without being wired in.

Hope it's not a bomb.

No problem, Glad it suits a few of us members at that price, Paid more than that for a a decent filter before now, Its just the New Warrior compressor without a sticker. Not even tried mine yet to fill anything as i have a nomad and a tuxing and everything that holds air is full at the moment but had a quick look to check for any damage, Plugged it in for a second or 2 just to check motor was running until i top the oil up.

PLEASE dont do this as the pump socket is exposed and live,, Know a few who have had a little tingle from New Warrior unit. Just set everything up as usual then plug the unit in.

Looks to be up to the job, Didnt spot a pressure adjuster or auto shut off, Filter will need changing in the red capped blow off valve as usual as they are test run for quite a while, Worth treble the money so happy chappy. You could spend some of what you saved on a better filter. Col.

Wonder how many of these will be appearing in sales with a hefty markup 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    The only thing I found disconcerting in opening the box was the LCD temperature display reading and changing as it warmed up...without being plugged in.

Reminded me of Die Hard with a Vengeance, when the freezer thing in the school is reading a temperature without being wired in.

Hope it's not a bomb.
    On all the time, It takes 2 x LR44 batteries... Col.

As Above same with the Yong Heng on all the while 2 off LR44 batteries