Thread: Rifle Re-Bluing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A wipe over with an oily rag now and again.
    Avoid WD40 and anything acid based.

Restoration is a personal choice.
    I learnt to shoot with a Meteor MK1. I acquired one which I restored. It have a soft spot for the rifle but not really sentimental. Just good memories.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

as above i just use a oily rag

Ballistol

Ballistol is your friend.

Paul Chell is your man for a top end reblue, I'm guessing in the ball park of £120-150 for better than new finish, but I believe he has personal issues and it'll be a while before he takes on any more, there are various cold blue options if you wish to have a go yourself, search the forum, there should be plenty of advice as to how to go about it. I've had reasonable results myself with a few cold blue systems

I now do my own after learning to rust blue the traditional way. There is a good tutorial how to rust blue on some of the BBS threads, give it a try.

I once had a theoben sirocco classic reblued and it never shot the same after I put it back together - no amount of pressurizing and depressurizing ever got it back to how it shot before. Just something to consider with a gas ram. Also if you decide to reblue you'll need a charging adapter for your ram - bestfittings do these.
    Donald

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    Thank you all, I never thought about how the shot cycle might change and I love the way it shoots currently, plus, it is what it is and hopefully it will remain that way for the next generation... Where's me oily rag!

P.S. Great rifles, underrated I reckon!